landrover 109 24v Diesel dutch Mil

samtemp

Question

Can anybody tell me what the correct part numbers are for the fuel sender units ? They are for the main and reserve under seat tanks, the vehicle is left hand drive Landrover 109 2.25 diesel 24v LHD.

I'm new to the forum the numbers I've come up with are 560757 / 555845 / 530008 which if any are correct 😊 ( at 145 pound a pop I'll like to get the right one if I can't have the units refurbished ) 

Also ive seen one size fits all adjustable 24v units has anybody fitted these and if so were they any good? 

4 answers to this question

I doubt if there is anything  specific for a Cloggie FFR float operated liquid transmitter.

Out of the numbers you quote ,  530008  is  24 volt

530008  goes back to S2A days , so there may have been a supercession No(s)

I would have to check it out further.

Looking in AC No. 61278 which is the LtWt IPC, in the 24v instrument section it lists the water & oil temp gauges that are specific for the Dutch version. Between these two entries is the fuel gauge indicator 552615 that presumably applies to both UK & Dutch versions.

Going to the 24v fuel sender there is only one entry 560757, so presumably that would match the Dutch one as well. How the gauges might differ from a 109 I don't know.

I remember in my Dutch LtWt there was another terminal on the fuel sender which was a low fuel indicator it travelled along a plain purple wire to a sensor linked to the blue/purple low fuel warning light.

However I found that in the loom the purple wire had been cut & the warning light was connected a small black plastic Lucas module that somehow sensed a low fuel reading & the triggered the warning light. Meaning that the original low fuel sensing terminal was no longer required.

It would be worth looking to see where the supply for the warning light comes from either a stand alone sensor/relay on the normal fuel gauge line or whether it relies on a feed (purple) from an additional terminal on the fuel sensor.

btw     555845    , is listed as  S2A  DIESEL sender unit,  12 volt

why difference fluids  ?    SG  petrol / diesel  - hardly.

In any case - not for you as it is 12 volt.

Also  ,  they were manuf. I think only by Lucas as genuine parts - have a look - you should find a prefix  LU  part number

Edited by ruxy