Jessie The Jeep

My Daughter's Airfix Sherman - Part of the Airfix Battlefront Set

My daughter and I won one of the Airfix Christmas competitions in 2017 and the prize was the D-Day Battlefront set. Due to other modelling projects, it's taken until now to get it on the bench. In December last year, we were about ready to start and were thinking about the layout. We considered it unrealistic to have a Sherman and Tiger that close together, without one being blown into a thousand pieces! So we decided to leave the Tiger I off the diorama and replace it with a Willys MB, which were being sold cheap at Aldi.

This is the progress so far, much of it her own work, though with lots of guidance.

d_day061.jpg

d_day060.jpg

d_day062.jpg

Yep, that's a good looking tank. Brings back memories of me building tanks, trauck and airplanes.

More recent progress. We smashed up some real stones to add more realistic type debris around the model, as the detail on the vac-formed base was too smooth. Still lots more painting and weathering to go, then build the Jeep, field gun and trailer.

d_day093.jpg

d_day094.jpg

Posted (edited)

What do you do with Daddy at the Weekend? 'I breack rocks!' Phone call from school.... 😂

Edited by Tony B

We're well known at the school as a family of whack-a-doodles, so breaking rocks shouldn't come as any surprise!!