Bedford OYD data needed

Tadeo

Sorry you have not given any details of what you want look for information  attached on plates on the passenger side chassis rail in the cab. Look for the chassis number stamped on the passenger side  chassis rail below the cab floor it would help if we knew where in the world you come from

I have a copy of a pamphlet entitled "BEDFORD VEHICLES  and VAUXHALL CARS supplied to Government Contracts or M.O.W.T Release January 1944" giving OY 3-ton WD chassis for 1941 as OY-36101 to OY-51178 with engine numbers for that period as OY-61672 to OY-79005

On 1/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, Baz48 said:

I have a copy of a pamphlet entitled "BEDFORD VEHICLES  and VAUXHALL CARS supplied to Government Contracts or M.O.W.T Release January 1944" giving OY 3-ton WD chassis for 1941 as OY-36101 to OY-51178 with engine numbers for that period as OY-61672 to OY-79005

can i ask Baz 48 if there is infomation on bedford mw production figures in the copy you have ? if there is i would be happy to pay for a copy

19 hours ago, landrover nick said:

can i ask Baz 48 if there is infomation on bedford mw production figures in the copy you have ? if there is i would be happy to pay for a copy

Hi Nick the pamphlet I mention is available I've seen copies offered for sale at shows like W&P and Stoneleigh covering the period 1927/8 to 1949 I suspect the part you might be interested in is from 1940 the first entry mentioning MW's and last MW entry in 1945. What particular year are you interested in the information given is minimal

Thanks for answering my question i have been looking to try and find any  infomation regarding Bedford MW production with a view to trying to establish a more accurate method of  dating factory production i own a 1940 MWD chassis number 12249 which if my reserch is correct was built in July 1940 all my infomation is collected from diffrent sources but i have nothing from the factory to conferm this infomation i also have Bedford MWR chassis number 42436 and at present the closest to a manufacturing date would be 1942 i would like to find any accurate infomation which could narrow this down

• 1 month later...

Hi Tadeo.

The number should be stamped on the outside face of the chassis between the step brackets, can't remember which side. Also there should be a plate in the cab. If it had a army rebuild post-war there should be a plate between the fuel tank and the rear axle on the left side of the chassis. 

I cleaned all my 44 OYD chassis with an angle grinder with wire brush and never found any number also I have a 43? Chassis which I cleaned around the step brackets and have not found a number.

Peter.