British Army Robot Wars

LarryH57

hahaha you are really keen on us all being cannon fodder Larry, and yes of course a determined guerrilla force will win the day as they will fight for years and years and years until the other side give up and go home as the government can no longer afford it and the people loose the will to fight, no doubting that. depends on what we are talking about, conventional old fashioned warfare or the modern world.

No you get me wrong - I only want the enemy to be cannon fodder!

My motto is that which is occasionally quoted along the lines of "To keep the peace you have to prepare for war"

Okay that sounds a bit too much like North Korea, and as we have to spend within our means, the MOD can only go so far. Cooperation with ou allies will hopefully find the answers but such is the advances in technology, if you can dream it you can probably build it. Every threat has a counter threat and sometimes old ideas get re-invented.

So we need to keep one step ahead and not be a nation that could only fire canon balls at T-72s (unless of course the canon ball was the same weight as a T-72 which would make their crews eyes water!)

Edited by LarryH57

All of which would be totally useless as if there were a major conflict conscription would be introduced.

According to CMV this month, in 2018 there was a joint exercise between the Russians and the Chinese forces in Siberia and Mongolia, taking part were 300,000 troops, 36,000 tanks and 1000 aircraft. You cant honestly think, that apart from the nuclear option, there is any chance of those pathetic remote controlled tanks, that would be made hacked and made inoperable anyway or costly technology that we cant afford, can have any chance of success.  When it comes to war, a great general once said that God sides with “whichever side has the biggest battalions”.

Yes like I said earlier, "he who has the most toys wins" the nuclear option was always an option during the cold war when we had a much bigger army, there where plenty of short range battlefield nuclear shells and missiles around. You will remember one of BAOR nicknames was "Stalin's speed bump" so nothing pathetic about a dozen reapers dropping brimstones or hellfires on their heads, I'd be happy to take all the help I could get. As if they invade across Europe, they would be at the channel before the first conscripts had put down their mobile phones and learnt which end of a rifle was the dangerous part. Anyway that isn't going to happen as the next war will be economic and done through the internet. after that, then we will have the shootie bang bang one. But lets just hope not.