Grousebeater

Hello all, my name is Iain and thank you for accepting me to forum.

I have always been an avid fan of all types of military vehicles, so much so that in my 35 years as a member of the reserve forces i was possibly the only person to volunteer to go on the enemy forces recognition course.

Now that my time with the reserves is almost over, i was looking for something to fill the gap that will be there. So i joined a group, the WDRG where we display the military vehicles of the group and raise money for some military charities.

At the moment the group has a 1919 model T in the guise of the type used by the light car patrols in WW1, we also have a CMP c60 wrecker from 1942 and a sas/lrdg jeep from 44.

As part of my contribution to the group and as future projects i have bought 2 chevrolet 1.5 ton pickups, one is a 1533 x 2 which we will build as a representation of an lrdg patrol vehicle and the other will eventually become a stores vehicle.

Im hoping to get some pointers and assistance from other group members as we go through these projects, especialy info on where to source parts etc.

Thanks for reading my ramble, and here are some pics of the vehicles currently in the group and our 2 future projects

Iain 

FB_IMG_1542380401012.jpg

737156_10151313071882445_1987582056_o.jpg

468.jpg

Resized_20171120_182708(1).jpeg

Resized_20180810_101607.jpeg

Resized_20180810_101607.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...