Brockhouse generator trailer

Found buy a friend and I got the call to go buy it.

very nice condition, no major rot or issues apart from a few dents.

comes complete with fire extinguisher, tool box and tools, vice on the a frame, canvas cover front hoop etc and two Jerry cans one is MD stamped 1945 dated which is nice for my collection and a twin can carrier.

52BBE27D-3BFC-4F6F-BC18-B0CDEC5BC772.jpeg

1F7196B5-559E-49DD-BA43-2EE18F059AD1.jpeg

5E11238B-FCBE-4144-9DC3-C45349EC4DD0.jpeg

9 hours ago, jim fl4 said:

Great trailers,  we bought one 20 odd years ago and abused it terribly on the farm, super strong.  Yours is in very sound condition, must have been stored indoors?.  

Hi

It was found outside in a breakers yard filled with “stuff” and a ton of leafs inside.

when we got it back and clean it out it is indeed very solid not rot at all! 

One little gem found inside was this camo net, which appears to be a ww2 British army one.

8F5F2DB6-155D-4458-9E6D-2B8B8E22E814.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2ndArmourMad said:

Hi

It was found outside in a breakers yard filled with “stuff” and a ton of leafs inside.

when we got it back and clean it out it is indeed very solid not rot at all! 

One little gem found inside was this camo net, which appears to be a ww2 British army one.

8F5F2DB6-155D-4458-9E6D-2B8B8E22E814.jpeg

I noticed the leaves in your photos, may be only out for a relatively short time.  I recall the water drain holes had a tendency to block up with the expected results, great cammo net by the way.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it looks an eminently sensible mod. If it was part of the original conversion from Cargo to Generator I would have expected it to be listed in the parts required in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 217 Mod Instr No. 10,  Feb 1959. 

Curiously the modifications to be made to the trailer are listed in EMER POWER C 467/3 which I don't seem to have. (Incidentally I would have regarded this significant conversion to be more of an Installation Instruction rather than merely a Modification Instruction, in that it should command  a '5' allocation rather than '7' in the EMER categorisation)

13 minutes ago, Peakrec said:

Thank you Clive, as you say its in an EMER so is a proper installation with documentation. I will look out for the brackets and the box and bring mine up to this generator spec.

What I was saying was although I like the idea, I don't have the definitive evidence for it being part of the official installation as I don't have that EMER POWER.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Matti Ward said:

I’m desperately seeking some light boxes for the front of my gen trailer, for some reason they’re missing. Also the rear lenses are smashed - would any of you be able to help out please? Either to point me to some spare boxes or even photos of the rear lights etc. 

Sure I’ll take some photos of the rear lights tomorrow morning for you. 

Cheers Will

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 3:34 PM, Matti Ward said:

I’m desperately seeking some light boxes for the front of my gen trailer, for some reason they’re missing. Also the rear lenses are smashed - would any of you be able to help out please? Either to point me to some spare boxes or even photos of the rear lights etc. 

On eBay.co.uk currently there are a set of the light lenses.

• 2 years later...

I’ve just got myself one of these trailers and also in great condition. I’m looking for any info anyone may have on a spare wheel for one. Also any other info like a manual or specs. Need to service the breaks. Any help much appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

jamez