Munga talk...

Snapper

Sorry for the delay in getting back to people.

Here are some of the suppliers of spares in Germany, all are good with English but can take a day or two to reply.

http://www.kemper-parts.de

http://www.matz-autoteile.de

http://www.maas-fahrzeuteile.de

I will find my list of some of the other suppliers, and list them here as soon as I get chance.

Hub caps on the MUNGA, as far as I know are only used on the MUNGA. But saying that, you may find something that will fit.

Hope all this helps.

Guys!

Don't know if this is of any help (or has already been mentioned)but when I had Mungas always used a chap called Richard Nixon for spares...he was/is the Munga rep for the auto union/DKW club, I last spoke to him about 3-4 years ago and got bits from him. He now advertises regularly on Milweb in the Motorcycles section(Can-Ams)!

Tim(still lusting after a Munga!):cry:

if anyone wants Richard Nixons e-mail address i have it... just inbox me and i'll pass it on.

Quick question: I need to replace my Munga4 roof anyone got any idea's who does this? i have had quotes of the chap in Germany, but would prefer somewone closer to home!!

I am in the process of getting a company to make some in UK. But getting the special large turn buttons etc is slowing things down. Should be very good job, as this company does very good work. And should also be a fair bit cheaper than the german ones, due to Euro rate. I hope to get the doors and fill panels made as well.

About 18 months ago , i managed to find one of the original owners for our Munga,he had promised me what bits he had.

At weekend its original engine and gearbox showed up!(Thank you Dave),he told me the engine in our Munga is a Wartburg one , he told me we need a wartburg starter as a munga one is different .

Ive not seen the engine yet its at my parents, will put pics on when i get down there ......:coffee:

• 3 weeks later...
I am in the process of getting a company to make some in UK. But getting the special large turn buttons etc is slowing things down. Should be very good job, as this company does very good work. And should also be a fair bit cheaper than the german ones, due to Euro rate. I hope to get the doors and fill panels made as well.

Looking forward to getting one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today we put the Munga body onto the trailer that the sand blaster is letting us borrow.(cheers Blackpool blasting services).bit of a squeeze in the garage but it went on !most of the underneath side doesnt need blasting as it was done about 5 years ago .

Main areas are the front arches, inside the tub,engine bay and under the dash ........ :coffee:

munga body  pics 007.jpg

munga body  pics 008.jpg