Munga talk...

Snapper

Has anybody scanned the Operators Handbook with the Technical suppliment and the repair manual to files as I only have photocopies and the pictures are really crap. If any one has the original two books for sale please let me know as I would be happy to pay for the scans or the books.

Greengrassuk

Private

thanks to a daddy for the bearing information. Just to let you know that the one i took off was made by bmw and i did get one from bearing services but it was £84.00. Now would you believe the clutch has gone and i am supposed to be at a show in torquay on saturday. Does ant one know what vw is the compatible one please. I know i can get one fron kempers but i am sure that andy roberts said a vw one will fit but do not know the model or year.

Thanks guys

hi i also need clutch advice......mine has given up.....its an original 2 stroke engine....the vw info is very hazy, dont know anyone who has done it, help ! Need a mobile mechanic !!

You can use a beetle one but there are difrences in the lengh of the hole going through the plate, also if you change the pressure plate you have to modify it by drilling out holes I just found it easier to have my plate relined theres a company in Telford on ketley bank who did mine and they also relined my brake shoes . Its an easy clutch to change

hi i also need clutch advice......mine has given up.....its an original 2 stroke engine....the vw info is very hazy, dont know anyone who has done it, help ! Need a mobile mechanic !!

Thanks for the help guys and the VW clutch is the 64 to 75 Beetle one but it has to be the 180mm one from GSF and they had it in stock. When I followed the crap manual I had about removing the engine it said remove the starter motor. When I got to it some one had used a very long bolt on the starter and I could not get it off so I had to remove the front mounting bracket to get the engine with starter out. It turned out to be the pressure plate and not the clutch but luckily I did have one in my spares and I put the new clutch in anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've found this a fascinating thread.

Until I chatted to a guy at this years War & Peace I didn't know Munga's even existed. Now I have a peculiar passion to own one.

While I can't afford a pristine example I am desperate to join the clan.

If anyone has most of one, or a complete one, needing restoration (ideally in the UK) for not too much cash then I am your man.

I wouldn't be scared of a complete basket case as I like a challenge.

A blown/siezed or missing engine isn't a problem.

I'm excited already

Hi, I've found this a fascinating thread.

Until I chatted to a guy at this years War & Peace I didn't know Munga's even existed. Now I have a peculiar passion to own one.

While I can't afford a pristine example I am desperate to join the clan.

If anyone has most of one, or a complete one, needing restoration (ideally in the UK) for not too much cash then I am your man.

I wouldn't be scared of a complete basket case as I like a challenge.

A blown/siezed or missing engine isn't a problem.

I'm excited already

hi mate , good luck in your search for one , ours was £100 .......its getting there now

Nothing much going to be done in the next few months , still after bits tho please guys .

it seems more people are after munga s now , makes me laugh as last year at militaria fairs we were laughed at for wanting munga stuff, being told no one wants them . looks like we got it at the right time.!! who is laughing now:n00b:

• 2 weeks later...