Munga talk...

Snapper

Right all you munga owners ,

we need the female part of the turn studs for the doors , even old ones are ok if they can be saved. i believe there are 3 different sizes , probably depending on where the roof was made ........... cheers guys..

• 4 weeks later...

Took my Munga to the Oswestry MV Show, loads of Jeeps but only one Munga!

Folks also seemed interested in Big Blue, my 101.

Bought an aerial and mounting bracket for the Munga from Airportable, thought I'd dress it up a bit.

Realised that the 'reinforcing tube' between the doors actually slides up a pocket on the front of the rear door - this may be obvious, but I had not twigged before.:red:

Anyone heard from Andrew Roberts lately? He was going to send me some info on setting-up the high/low control. Mine will adjust so that either high or low box can be positively engaged, but not both. Or does anybody else know how to do this?

John

Took my Munga to the Oswestry MV Show, loads of Jeeps but only one Munga!

Folks also seemed interested in Big Blue, my 101.

Bought an aerial and mounting bracket for the Munga from Airportable, thought I'd dress it up a bit.

Realised that the 'reinforcing tube' between the doors actually slides up a pocket on the front of the rear door - this may be obvious, but I had not twigged before.:red:

Anyone heard from Andrew Roberts lately? He was going to send me some info on setting-up the high/low control. Mine will adjust so that either high or low box can be positively engaged, but not both. Or does anybody else know how to do this?

John

When was the Oswestry show? if I had known there would of been two

Hi Guys

Took mine for an MOT and would you believe it did pass but the guy said tweak up the rear wheel bearing on the rear near side as it was loose. Could not tighten it so decided to take it apart but could not get it off the spline, so had to take the whole thing off from the suspension and the plate on the rear of the crownwheel housing. A bit of persuasion using a press but when it came out the bearing was stuffed. Any one know where I can get the wheel bearing from please. Kemper do not have one. I am going to try my local bearing place and will let you know if I do get one

There standard bearings got mine from gentec in shrewsbury the lad called jase was very helpfull. while you have the drive flange off check your wheel cylinders are good (no pitting or score marks in the bore) as you cant change them with out taking it off.

Hi Guys

Took mine for an MOT and would you believe it did pass but the guy said tweak up the rear wheel bearing on the rear near side as it was loose. Could not tighten it so decided to take it apart but could not get it off the spline, so had to take the whole thing off from the suspension and the plate on the rear of the crownwheel housing. A bit of persuasion using a press but when it came out the bearing was stuffed. Any one know where I can get the wheel bearing from please. Kemper do not have one. I am going to try my local bearing place and will let you know if I do get one

• 2 weeks later...
There standard bearings got mine from gentec in shrewsbury the lad called jase was very helpfull. while you have the drive flange off check your wheel cylinders are good (no pitting or score marks in the bore) as you cant change them with out taking it off.

Thanks to A Daddy for the bearing information. Just to let you know that the one I took off was made by BMW and I did get one from Bearing Services but it was £84.00. Now would you believe the clutch has gone and I am supposed to be at a show in Torquay on Saturday. Does ant one know what VW is the compatible one please. I know I can get one fron Kempers but I am sure that Andy Roberts said a VW one will fit but do not know the model or year.

Thanks guys