Munga talk...

Snapper

it cant hurt to have it thats for sure!

:-)

Does your one have any diagrams of the inner workings of the gearbox? At the moment, works stopped on mine as the leaking front seal is proving to be a sod to get out---theres an oval cover with two flat head screws holding it in place. I have been able to remove the top screw, but the bottom wont budge-even on a chisel. its making me worry that theres more to this oval part than a mere cover or retainer. also I want to learn a lot more about the hi-lo transfer mech before I start fooling with it.

I think its worht me sitting tight for a few days till the manual arrives,, then its "hammer time!" I will of course take pics, and post em up.

lol,, one of my friends saw the fiat panda engine hanging on our lifter and earnt himself a filthy look when he called it a sewing machine! :nut:

Right guys , first of all i apologise if this gets to technical!!!!.

we urgently need the threaded bolt/screw/fittings that go into the wheel cylinder its the one that is threaded with a hole on the end and a nipple type thingy on the other end (12mm i beieve ).

Cheers guys ( urgent)........

munga 1, ex the Honourable lord Carringtons personal transport, passed its MOT yesterday tax and insurance today and we are away...then its munga 2 rebuild, using parts off mung three which will likely end up as a wreck, or just maybe with a small diesel engine in it...depends on my welder getting back to work...

long overdue post--- i have the pics of the aerial mounts i was asked for (sorry for the delay!) I also have finally managed to remove the front oil seal from the gearbox, what a total B***tard that was to get out! in the pics you will see the new one next to whats left of the old one,, -- and in the pic of the interior of the bell housing you can see the gap between the shaft and the cover-- (incidentally if you do have to change your own front seal--dont try to remove the oval cover- its not a flat cover--and theres some sort of oil feeder behind it that acts like a grub screw, it seems that it can only be taken out from behind.

Mark---re- the engine ---look in classifieds theres a chap flogging one theres--I already have dibs on his seats though):D

0h and my one still has the little hand fuel pump you want a picture of, i will get some for you and post them up. you can buy them on ebay germany for about £35-40

. IMG20110824_004.jpg

IMG20110824_005.jpg

IMG20110824_001.jpg

IMG20110824_003.jpg

Well the brakes are finally done , upto now they are not leaking . The exhaust is going to be done next before the body goes back on , the end section is in stainless so thats ok , it looks the part ,poking thru the back bumper.Middle box is sorted (thanks drew) and we are sorting out the little one that goes near the rear wheel . ........:drive: