Munga talk...

Snapper

Due to the Munga being sat outside for a few years , various bits are rusty.Number plate lights being one item, after looking on german e bay (wrote to the e bayer in english then translated to german via Google!) , i found some , they came today sealed in plastic bags from new with a little wiring diagram dated 18th November 1971! .

(Andy will try and get some more when funds allow, csa on my back again !! :argh:)

14.10.08 003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The existing two seats have been stripped of all their remaining bits of fabric , and look ok for blasting.Need two more frames, and cushions for all four seats.(bad examples would be ok as long as we can take a pattern off them and use the insides .The bases and backs are the same .:coffee: )

• 1 month later...

Hi mate ,yes he ok thanks , he been helping a friend out now he is retired .Dont worry he will be ringing you when we get round to the engine side of things . i was round there yesterday , he is asking things i dont know about them , so we will be ringing !!! lol cheers mate .

the number they sent back is the original one it was issued with so it will be ok. will try and get the number next time im round there tho mate . cheers! (the one near the battery boxes is stamped 1964)

I like the munga pic...:coffee:

Edited by Willyslancs

• 1 month later...

Bits are slowly coming off the Munga , all the wiring is out now and some of the elecrical boxes are being looked inside.some of the items are like new inside so thats good.

The bulkhead and gearbox plates are good but the dash board ones have seen better days.....:coffee:

P.S

Would have done more today , but it was sunny and the Jeep needed a run out!!!

collection 005.jpg

collection 006.jpg

collection 007.jpg

collection 008.jpg

collection 009.jpg

Spent most this afternoon under the Munga,took out all the body mounting bolts(most were fairly loose).

We also took the exhaust off , its knackered but the stainless end section is ok.Whilst under there today i noticed the body is in really good condition, it will just need a few small patches seeing to .

All the handbrake is off the body, it is solid so needs freeing .

Will actually lift the body off now when we can get it under the hoist....:coffee:

munga exhaust 001.jpg

munga exhaust 002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...