1500x20 Bar Grip

ive got one walking beam that has very worn tires, there not damaged but the tread is nearly flat in the centre, the shoulders still have tread left...

I found that 1 drive shaft in the beam had failed and I suspect the lack of tread and resulting wheel slip may well have been a contributing factor and im keen to avoid a repeat..

2 hours ago, Samro said:

ive got one walking beam that has very worn tires, there not damaged but the tread is nearly flat in the centre, the shoulders still have tread left...

I found that 1 drive shaft in the beam had failed and I suspect the lack of tread and resulting wheel slip may well have been a contributing factor and im keen to avoid a repeat..

I remember Pete Gaine mentioning the weakness in the stub shafts in service many years ago so yours is not an isolated failure.

The tyre wear was probably caused by over inflation for the conditions as the specified tyre pressures would have taken into consideration the heaviest loading such as a suspended tow.

in that case is it worth replacing them? its unlikely to be subjected to loads it would have been in the past, I was worried as it will get lots of use on wet ground and this will likely result in wheel slip especially with the tires it the worn state they are..

• 3 weeks later...