For Sale - Daimler Dingo Scout Car, Mk11, 1943

Barrie

Now Sold ..............................

I bought F207077 a couple of years ago and from what I can gather it was Mr Chris Wilkinsons own Dingo and  he used to sell bits off it, when he had the yard at St. Albans, and replace the parts on F207077 from his stock of new parts. This seems to be borne out by the gearbox still having a number in yellow wax crayon on the casing.

From my research F207077 was manufactured in May or June 1943. I have loads (... and I mean loads !) of information regarding the vehicle together with Workshop manual, Parts List, Drivers/Operators handbook etc.

The vehicle is totally straight, starts well, drives well and looks really good. 
The tyres look to be unworn.
Exhaust in excellent condition.
Butler headlights with the blackout hinged part.
As new canvas roof.
Working WS19 with correct rubber 'anti vibration' mounts. Correct 'A' and 'B' set aerials/bases.
Convoy light.
DVLA road registered.
All tinwork, fuel tank, wings, starage boxes etc are in excellent condition.
Loads and loads of extras - Fire extinguisher, correct jack, dated shovel, Petrol/Oil/Water cans, first aid boxes, bags, bren gun mag rack, map board, bullet-proof glass drivers  blocks, to name a few .....   etc, etc
Belly armour available but not fitted.

For some reason or other the KI-Gas system is not connected.

Two years on, and only 50 or so miles clocked and everything is still in excellent order. . I bought the Dingo after regretting selling F48582 many years ago. Little did I realise that I have also aged and the getting up, in and out  is no longer as easy as it used to be. (Give me my M151 MUTT any day for ease and comfort of driving !)

To sum it up, you would be hard pressed to  find find a nicer Dingo. It will require on going maintenance, being 76 years old but is an excellent example of the marque.

Based S.Wales - 12 miles from Severn Bridge.

e-mail enquiries to:
Barrie@marcherlords.co.uk

9.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

Edited by Barrie
Sold
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...