Introduction

Tranter

Hi, My name is Steve & I have a great interest in British artillery from WWI Onwards.  I'm retired & 69 years old.  I served for 6.5 years in the Royal artillery as a Battery Surveyor and for 16 years in the RAF as an electronics engineer.  I'm mainly interested in the sighting of guns and have a reasonable collection of sight brackets/carriers, dial sights and direct fire telescopes, field clinometers & sight clinometers, most of which have been restored by myself.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Steve, and welcome. I am sure your knowledge will be an asset to many here. By the way, I'm also Steve, ex-army and 69 years old, but sadly I don't currently have the time, funds nor space for any hardware, so I can only offer an occasional snippet from my experiences. No doubt you can do better. Good luck.

Steve.

Thank you for those kind words!  I hope that my interest in artillery optics/instruments etc. May be of some use to people and I'm more than happy to advise or help anyone who needs some assistance.  I can't say I'll always be able to come up with the right answer though!