Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Has anybody got the RAL codes for these WW2 British paint colours:

Kaki green No3, 

SCC No2 brown

SCC No1A very dark brown

Dark tarmac No4

Many thanks

Gavin Bowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gavin Bowman said:

Hello,

Has anybody got the RAL codes for these WW2 British paint colours:

Kaki green No3, 

SCC No2 brown

SCC No1A very dark brown

Dark tarmac No4

Many thanks

Gavin Bowman

Gavin,

Forget RAL codes, you should look at British Standard colours, they are still used by paint makes in the UK. For SCC No.2 Brown, see Kerry at RR Services, there is a Brown with my name on that was matched by a true sample by the paint manufacturer.

regards, Richard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, Richard Farrant said:

Gavin,

Forget RAL codes, you should look at British Standard colours, they are still used by paint makes in the UK. For SCC No.2 Brown, see Kerry at RR Services, there is a Brown with my name on that was matched by a true sample by the paint manufacturer.

regards, Richard

Hi Richard,  Moreover is the SCC No. 2 Brown you refer to Matt or Satin (semi-gloss)?  Thanks. Jim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jim fl4 said:

Hi Richard,  Moreover is the SCC No. 2 Brown you refer to Matt or Satin (semi-gloss)?  Thanks. Jim.

Hi Jim,

The normal Semi-Matt, which has a slight sheen on it but once cured it looks authentic.

Problem with a dead flat matt is that a spot of oil or grease marks it for life, with semi-matt it is more durable.

Richard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Hi Jim,

The normal Semi-Matt, which has a slight sheen on it but once cured it looks authentic.

Problem with a dead flat matt is that a spot of oil or grease marks it for life, with semi-matt it is more durable.

Richard

Thank you Richard for your reply.  Completely agree the matt is terrible for showing oily fingerprints and the like.  Cheers, Jim.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×