Contract FVE-22A-304

Surveyor

Just now, Richard Farrant said:

Richard,

Just Google search 'FVE-22A-304' and you will find a number of Freedom of Information results, might build up a picture for you of vehicles in that contract.

regards, Richard

Richard

The trouble is when thinking of these things you never think of the obvious

Many thanks

Richard

14 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Richard,

Just Google search 'FVE-22A-304' and you will find a number of Freedom of Information results, might build up a picture for you of vehicles in that contract.

regards, Richard

Richard

The ones I can find so far start in 1992, mines before this, will send and FOI as well

Richard

On 9/25/2018 at 6:11 PM, Surveyor said:

Does any one have any details of this contract, I believe it was for vehicles

thanks

Richard

If you find the Contract details , it is not going to tell you a great deal of info.  Just the nomenclature that appears on the plate , such as  GS , 12 volt, Cargo.  It could also possibly state Hardtop - that is all. What you need is to view the "Supplementary Parts List" covering the date of manufacture  (not so easy to find on the internet , as it used to be).  In the front pages is a 'MATRIX'  . this tells you all the 'bolt-on' to the BASIC  ,  you just cross-reference to the Contract No. and read the boxes that contain a  x  ,  this tells you the accessories / supplementaries as supplied by Solihull..

Richard,

I have had a trawl through "Land Rovers in British Military Service" by James Taylor and Geoff Fletcher where there are lists of contract numbers.  According to the book, FVE22A-304 was for some 4684 One-tens. The variations within that contract are, however, extensive. The first appears on 11 Nov 1985 and is for a single "Recovery RHD" ERM 78KE27.  The last one listed in the book is 80KG79 of 27 Aug 87 which is an RHD V8 station wagon.  Elsewhere there are LHD GS hardtops (eg 79KE06), RHD CL truck cabs (87KE64) and FFR RHD hard tops (45KF93).  So, as I say, quite a variety.  After 1990 the One-ten was named a Defender One-ten and those mostly seem to be against contract numbers beginning with LV2A.

Hope this helps

10 68

PS, I have just found my copy of the Supplementary Parts Catalogue dated September 1986 and it lists 22 different variants.  The earliest vehicle against that contract number is 79KE06 of Nov/Dec 85 and the final one 16KF66 of fiscal year 1986.  Clearly, though, more were purchased against this contract until the end of military Land Rover One-tens in 1990.  The next Supplementary Parts Catalogue I have is dated 1991 and is for Defender 110s against Contract LV2A/004.

Edited by 10FM68

8 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

Richard,

I have had a trawl through "Land Rovers in British Military Service" by James Taylor and Geoff Fletcher where there are lists of contract numbers.  According to the book, FVE22A-304 was for some 4684 One-tens. The variations within that contract are, however, extensive. The first appears on 11 Nov 1985 and is for a single "Recovery RHD" ERM 78KE27.  The last one listed in the book is 80KG79 of 27 Aug 87 which is an RHD V8 station wagon.  Elsewhere there are LHD GS hardtops (eg 79KE06), RHD CL truck cabs (87KE64) and FFR RHD hard tops (45KF93).  So, as I say, quite a variety.  After 1990 the One-ten was named a Defender One-ten and those mostly seem to be against contract numbers beginning with LV2A.

Hope this helps

10 68

PS, I have just found my copy of the Supplementary Parts Catalogue dated September 1986 and it lists 22 different variants.  The earliest vehicle against that contract number is 79KE06 of Nov/Dec 85 and the final one 16KF66 of fiscal year 1986.  Clearly, though, more were purchased against this contract until the end of military Land Rover One-tens in 1990.  The next Supplementary Parts Catalogue I have is dated 1991 and is for Defender 110s against Contract LV2A/004.

Many thanks looks as though need to try and get a copy

2 hours ago, Surveyor said:

My one is 92KF11, if reading this correctly would appear in that catalogue

Thanks for the pointers guys

Of course , if it is a Hobson Industries -  "Project Tithonus"  re-work for the MOD - then there would be additional modifications.  ISTR    'County'  trim=spec. seats , roll-over protection frame and a Wolf plastic hardtop + other mods. I forget .  O'h  - yes ,  that examined & found tip-top chassis , coated with preservative to last another 20 years !  LoL

2 hours ago, ruxy said:

Of course , if it is a Hobson Industries -  "Project Tithonus"  re-work for the MOD - then there would be additional modifications.  ISTR    'County'  trim=spec. seats , roll-over protection frame and a Wolf plastic hardtop + other mods. I forget .  O'h  - yes ,  that examined & found tip-top chassis , coated with preservative to last another 20 years !  LoL

Yes that's the one

Richard,

I had a look at the MERLIN record for yours.  It was a TUM FFR Hard Top, 12/24V 4x4 2.5LTR DSL Land Rover Defender LEP.  The first unit seems to have been 2 Yorks from 23 Mar 89 then 1 RRF, 4 SCOTS, 33 Sig Regt (V), DSG Stirling, 94(BY) Sig Sqn, 39 Sig Regt (V) 51 Para Sqn RE and disposal through Withams 25 Mar 13.  Because it is later than 1986, that particular ERM doesn't get a mention in the Supplementary Parts List I have, but there are others there with a similar item number - sufficient for you to see how it was fitted out, I'm sure.

10 68

Thanks have the Merlin report, just really trying to find out how many 110 were in the contract, yes I bought it from Witham, and it's members here that advised about getting a Merlin report for which advice I am grateful.

Also have a Penman trailer for it

Edited by Surveyor

2 minutes ago, 10FM68 said:

Brill.  Well, according to my maths the book suggests that the contract was for 4684 110s.  But, when your copy arrives you can check that number and also count the number with the same spec as yours.

Glad things have worked out.

Best

10 68

Many thanks trust your maths regarding this, as I have seen a post on working out numbers using registration number and still getting to grips with it

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen on this forum but cant find it an explanation of how the number plates were allocated, I am looking to get the number plates in the series 

91 KF 99 to 92 KF 73 according to "Land Rovers in British Military Service there should be 75

Thanks

Richard