Tracing series 3 history - newbe

chris85

Question

Hi all, 

thanks for the add to this forum/group 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have had a look around to see if there is an area for tracing numbers etc.

I have just purchased a series 3 with a contract number plate. I would love to know the history of the vehicle. I tried the freedom of info forum they don't have the info. 

Info I have is - contract no FVE 22A/44 registered 1999 and manufactured in 1980 

series 3 soft top that doesn't have the military bumpers 

would love to know its background of service 

Any help appreciated! 

3 answers to this question

On 9/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, chris85 said:

Hi all, 

thanks for the add to this forum/group 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have had a look around to see if there is an area for tracing numbers etc.

I have just purchased a series 3 with a contract number plate. I would love to know the history of the vehicle. I tried the freedom of info forum they don't have the info. 

Info I have is - contract no FVE 22A/44 registered 1999 and manufactured in 1980 

series 3 soft top that doesn't have the military bumpers 

would love to know its background of service 

Any help appreciated! 

I would say the info. you have is correct for build date 1999-80 , also the contract No. is correct , there is a slim possibility of a Item No. following the 44 , it could go like  44/?

You don't state the w.b  (wheelbase)  -  I guess 88"  ?

You need a history search , abt.  £30 + at Royal Logistics Museum , you will be better off consulting a Geof Fletcher of  FMW @ a similar  £  cost.

No 'bumperettes'  ,  correct for a  88" CL that it is  Commercial  ( C--------L )  ,  a  109"  CL  - could have been fitted bumperettes at factory.

Edited by ruxy
spelin