Radar truck.

The Governor

We have an auction near by and one of the items is a "radar truck' which to me, is a trailer towed behind a lorry. It has several window apertures which can be opened and supported on side plates I assume to prevent bullets entering the "truck' It would have had radar equipment in it in it's previous military life. My question is what is it worth ? the outside is in good working order, no rust and has all it's lights, the tow frame is complete. It will need 4 tyres as the one on it look original. Thanks in anticipation of the answers.

The photo (below top left)  shows a Gun Laying (GL) Mk 7 Radar trailer, minus its rotating dish aerial on the roof and it dates from circa 1944 and in use in 1950's or later, hence the DBG colour. There was one of these that was at Buckfastleigh in Devon and owned by the ex-MVT Membership Secretary whose name escapes me (has large sideburns and often dressed as an Italian at Mil Odyssey!) 

Auctioner photos.jpg

Edited by LarryH57

Thank you Keith, alway's nice to have photo's to look at and see what is missing from mine, and straight away, after being on top of mine this afternoon, I noticed the raised box on top is missing from mine, so it is interesting as to what it might be, so I can try and replicate it.

Mark.

I have seen these disc's on the rear between the support arms on the back, but mine came stored away on the front above the front axle. I soon realized they were for the feet of the support legs to use to increase the foot print on soft ground. My question is why the different shapes in each plate ?

DSC01434.JPG

DSC01432.JPG

• 10 months later...