Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi all. I am hoping to take my GMC from the UK to Veghel next year for the 2019 Arnhem event. Please could someone tell me if I require

an OGEL for the truck. I have not taken the truck abroad before , so any advice would be welcome.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The OGEL, Open general export licence, has been discussed on here and the Facebook MVT page,  it is not required for ex military vehicles over 50 years old to enter Germany, Belgium and France for up to 3 months,  so looks like It Is required for Holland ....

.But so far no one has ever been asked to show one to Customs on trips abroad.....but..... after Brexit things may be different, ...!just announced today that after march Brexit  UK driving licences may not be valid abroad,, may need an international driving permit, ..wonder what else will evolve


Edited by Nick Johns

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now