Dodge WC 51 or 52 or Canadian Wanted

Niceonetidy

• 2 months later...

Probably something to do with the 75 year commemoration of Overlord in Normandy with every man and his dog heading over there with an MV or three!  So good sellers market at present that will likely turn to a buyers market once all the enthusiasts have returned to Blighty and beginning to wonder if they would rather have cash than an ugly old Dodge!  BTW, there is a Canadian/Danish WC52 on Milweb at present that looks like it needs a tidy, but price may be reasonable if nothing major is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Col 

Both myself and Bill found our vehicles by word of mouth, sometimes it's a chance conversation that can lead to you finding that elusive vehicle. Keep looking it's out there somewhere, if you don't find anything by next summer I could add you to my insurance and you could take the champ thing to a couple of shows if you feel brave enough 😁 

Must catch up over Christmas 

J.

1 hour ago, rampant rivet said:

Hi Col 

Both myself and Bill found our vehicles by word of mouth, sometimes it's a chance conversation that can lead to you finding that elusive vehicle. Keep looking it's out there somewhere, if you don't find anything by next summer I could add you to my insurance and you could take the champ thing to a couple of shows if you feel brave enough 😁 

Must catch up over Christmas 

J.

Thanks Jeremy, I plan to get a mil tent and come along when possible, I’m working in Derby until the end of February and who knows what after that, it will be good to catch up over Xmas 

As far as the WC54 goes, brakes on all of the WC's can be pain. They need to be set up by the book. Not difficult but fiddly. Good news is that most Ex Norwegian ones seem to have grown Cupro Nickel pipes over the years so are in good condition. All parts are available but the cyleinders are handed.