Military Weapons and current gang shootings

Graham

Hi

Being new to this WW2 thing I would like to know how we can carry deactivated but other wise realistic weapons during this time when there is almost hysterical items in the press about shootings, including the current tragic case of the little boy shot in Liverpool? The press talk of police raids on 'armourers' who convert deactivated guns into guns able to fire live ammunition and a prison sentence for those having these weapons. Are we still able to 'dress' our vehicles with weapons? Your views and hopefully some informed information would be appreciated.

Graham

Thank you for the information.

I may have miss read all this but it clearly states that I can not make a replica but non functioning gun at home but I can legally buy a replica gun that someone else has made such as the dealers who sell reproduction machine guns, etc.?

Does the law also apply to model 18th Cent cannons?

Puzzled, Graham

Very simple. Unless you are on the showground or taking part in an event, treat as live weapons. Carry in case, trigger covered. Never leave alone in a vehicle. NEVER take out of case in a public place. If asked even by police, politely refuse, point out it would be an offense to carry uncovered in a public place and offer to go to a secure location such as the police station. Always carry paperwork with you . Thanks to several thousand pounds spent by IWM on council's advice, a de- ac is not a replica. It will be legal to buy and sell after 1st October. Problem is many police on the street are not au fay with the firearms act. See something like a gun , react first. I can't say I blame them. So always be polite and don't play stupid, you could die of it.

Thank you for the information.

I may have miss read all this but it clearly states that I can not make a replica but non functioning gun at home but I can legally buy a replica gun that someone else has made such as the dealers who sell reproduction machine guns, etc.?

Does the law also apply to model 18th Cent cannons?

Puzzled, Graham

The law applies to ALL RIF's (Realistic Imitation Replicas) from October 1st Section 36-40 will be implemented.

Section 36 - Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

A person is guilty of an offence if

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

© he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought

into Great Britain

As mentioned previously deacs remain as they were before the VCR Act 2006..

Returning from wings and wheels show on sunday in my Jeep I got stopped in Epson by a Surrey Police car, they wanted to know what the apparent weapons I had on board, the end of an empty wood garand stock was sticking out of its leather scabbard and was visible, another empty wood stock was in the carbine mount on the windscreen. I showed them both bits of wood, after lots of questioning they were on the phone back to Police hq firearms team to confirm the situation and eventually I was given a verbal warning not to have them visible whilst travelling...... :whistle:

i swear they are out to stop everything we do!

since the hand gun ban, it has been easier to get hold of handguns in Britain than anything, but instead of policing that they don't they go after the people who are law abiding

Because we can be found! And we are law abiding. The answer is follow the rule but make sure you know what the laws are. Do not allow yourself to be brow beaten. Ask any Police officer for an explanation, you are intitiled to it and if thier doing the job properly it helps them because you can't claim you didn't understnd.

No proably under the bonnet with his backside in the air :-D The problem is , as discussed in the Monday night Nazi theme. Because we don't drive a little planet friendly compacts or wear save the goldfish t shirts, and what ever our views on their deployments we actively support the men and women of our armed forces. This plus we rely on honesty and if we give offence will apologise, not start screaming about obscure political correctness, we stand out. bear in mind we are dealing with a population whose knowledge of the Great War is Blackadder and WW2 Band of Brothers, forget Malaya, Korea Aden, even Northern Island. We have the RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, yep we also have the RESPONSOBILITY to THINK before we open our gobs. As a group of people we have a collective responsibility to present MV owners re-enactors and collectors of militaria in a positive light. Show organisers need us, not the other way around.

My advice is keep all weapons covered and away from prying eyes until you are on the show ground.Most Police are ignorant to the fact that there are reanactors and that MV owners display weapons in context with the vehicle they own.This couldnt have been more high lighted than at this years Biggin Hill Airshow,when some one as part of a group with MV,s was walking around in full dress carrying a Garand.(Not the sort of show for this to be honest)My brother managed to stop his Sargeant from arresting him,All because he didnt understand about the movement,and took him to be a nutcase.