Knowledge / Assistance required.

ferretfixer

Hello Guys! Does anyone have, or know where I can obtain some of the following?

They are load securing fittings, that slide in a track.

I have seen some on Ebay Germany, but they are VERY expensive for some reason?

& when you add postage on top, well. Forget it!

Anyone help at all please?

Many Thanks in advance:  Mike.

load track fittings.jpg

Hello Buddy, Yes.  They are load restraint anchor fittings I need.

The ones shown are the ideal choice, they are for my Bundeswehr Trailer. These fittings slide in a track,

Exactly the same way as the ones shown in your link to Devon 4 x 4 offerings.

Can you see how expensive these are now? £10 quid for a Pair, make the one's in Germany at Euro 29 for

Ten, look 'Cheap' by comparison! 😲

Other than the ones shown on the Devon site. The others are totally unsuitable I'm afraid.

Thank you for looking for Me though. If you think/ see anything that looks similar to the one's in my Photo.

They are they ideal ones!     Cheers!   Mike. 👍

1 hour ago, gas 44 said:

Have I missed something here 29 Euro for 10 ? that's only  2.90 Euro each. That seems cheap enough considering what they are. Out of interest what do think they are worth ?

When you add in 22 Euros for postage. That then makes them 5.10 Euros each.

And at a Total of Euros 49 for ten, it's not so cheap!......I would say they were worth a Euro each, when you consider that originally. They were made in their thousands. They would have cost Pennies to manufacture. It is the cost of postage that kills it!  As I only need four or five at most, it becomes expensive! :( 

On 8/27/2018 at 7:10 AM, ferretfixer said:

When you add in 22 Euros for postage. That then makes them 5.10 Euros each.

And at a Total of Euros 49 for ten, it's not so cheap!......I would say they were worth a Euro each, when you consider that originally. They were made in their thousands. They would have cost Pennies to manufacture. It is the cost of postage that kills it!  As I only need four or five at most, it becomes expensive! :( 

As you only require 4/5 I take your point, regardless looking at them,  I doubt they ever sold for pennies even to the Army. I suppose its one of those things, if you want it then one has to pay for it.

I've had plenty of people tell me what they thought things were worth in the past, I'm not saying you are wrong but most people are wide of the mark with their estimation of costings......just my thoughts.

16 hours ago, gas 44 said:

As you only require 4/5 I take your point, regardless looking at them,  I doubt they ever sold for pennies even to the Army. I suppose its one of those things, if you want it then one has to pay for it.

I've had plenty of people tell me what they thought things were worth in the past, I'm not saying you are wrong but most people are wide of the mark with their estimation of costings......just my thoughts.

Hi Gas, Yes I understand your comments on the above. However, I feel I have to add. After Military Service, I worked in the UK Defence Manufacturing Sector for 12 years. & I can tell you for a FACT. That the MOD & Other 'Government Agencies', DO get ripped off by products sold to them!.....

As I stated previously, SOME products cost Pennies to MANUFACTURE. But.....The price they are sold on for is Far wide of the mark of a 'Fair' Profit!.....My Ex Boss, when questioned by Me, on 'How do you come up with a price that you 'Retail' then R**'?  He replied: ' You get your cost of materials & actual manufacturing costs together. Add 20 Per cent & Double the figure'!......I can cite MANY examples of refurb mark up's that also gained a large 'Profit' in a similar way. The profit bearing no resemblance to a Fair mark up!.....

Again, in the VAST amount of these attachments made, that I would like. The original manufacturing costs would be low. Considering they were churned out in their thousands. I have seen similar (But not the same products) sold at present in Germany in 2 Kilo Batches. & they cost no where near what these are up for! 

I feel you are absolutely right though, in your comment regarding. 'If you want it, one has to pay for it'!.....🙄

About 15 years ago I questioned (through official channels) the price of a small spring being £100. It was the spring for a Mauser cannon firing pin. When the response came back as being justified I couldn’t believe it. It’s the same size as a run of the mill biro spring! The reason: Air worthiness, batch control and packaging! What a joke.

sorry I can’t help with the fasteners but I’ll keep my eyes open.

8 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

Hi Gas, Yes I understand your comments on the above. However, I feel I have to add. After Military Service, I worked in the UK Defence Manufacturing Sector for 12 years. & I can tell you for a FACT. That the MOD & Other 'Government Agencies', DO get ripped off by products sold to them!.....

As I stated previously, SOME products cost Pennies to MANUFACTURE. But.....The price they are sold on for is Far wide of the mark of a 'Fair' Profit!.....My Ex Boss, when questioned by Me, on 'How do you come up with a price that you 'Retail' then R**'?  He replied: ' You get your cost of materials & actual manufacturing costs together. Add 20 Per cent & Double the figure'!......I can cite MANY examples of refurb mark up's that also gained a large 'Profit' in a similar way. The profit bearing no resemblance to a Fair mark up!.....

Again, in the VAST amount of these attachments made, that I would like. The original manufacturing costs would be low. Considering they were churned out in their thousands. I have seen similar (But not the same products) sold at present in Germany in 2 Kilo Batches. & they cost no where near what these are up for! 

I feel you are absolutely right though, in your comment regarding. 'If you want it, one has to pay for it'!.....🙄

I may line of work, I also see " similar but not the same" products. These are normally cheaper too, but they are not the same and that why they are cheaper.....lol.

🤣🤣🤣