Morris C8

Sigve

2 minutes ago, simon king said:

A 15cwt FFW will need some factory fitment of gearbox PTO, auxiliary dynamo, shielded ignition suppression and bond straps etc so in retrospect i guess the factory would need to designate the chassis differently. Odd that they just didn’t designate it as C8FFW or C8R though.

Simon,

What you need is a Makers parts list for your particular Contract No. This would confirm its original spec.

36 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Simon,

What you need is a Makers parts list for your particular Contract No. This would confirm its original spec.

Not mine Richard, enough on with my MWR!.....and there are about 7 different editions of the parts list for the MW.

See this thread

http://hmvf.co.uk/topic/7180-humber-8cwt-pu/

Although this is an 8cwt FFW, i think the same principle was intended for the Morris and Bedford 15cwt FFWs. Canvas tilt and frame is removed from truck, extension legs are added to the elongated front and rear frames and the additional canvas aprons are attached to the bottom of the tilt. Pegs are used to secure aprons to the ground. The bottom of the apron may be cuffed for stones etc. to further secure the bottom edge.

The metal channels attached to the frames rest on the body top edge and also hold the frames in place four-square when used as a stand-alone shelter.

Edited by simon king
link live now
  • Like 1