Jump to content
peter75

Loyd TS&C T69261

Recommended Posts

Bit of a steady day today. I drilled and fitted the second body support plate then made some tooling to press some support plates that fit on top of the cross member to level the floor with the gearbox cross member. As the pattern one was a bit mangled I first clamped a length of plate to the gearbox cross member and made a template to get the correct angle. I then made some tooling to the template and pressed it hot in 4mm plate and cut down to size.

The new grease seals for the wheels turned up to today.

Peter.

IMG_20190615_155853.jpg

IMG_20190613_204212.jpg

IMG_20190613_204147.jpg

IMG_20190615_155921.jpg

IMG_20190615_155706.jpg

IMG_20190615_204801.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never known how or where the belt drive pulleys fit. It has to line up with the PTO and the corresponding hole in the cross member. I now have a copy of the starter charger parts book so I thought I would have another look. Although the parts book is not over clear it dose give an idea of the angle and position of the pulley bracket. I managed to work out that it bolts to the angle irons that mount the belly plates but this throws up the problem that the angles of the angle irons are wrong. It would appear that the starter chargers had different belly plates and angle irons to other Loyd's so I will have to alter the angle irons and remake the 2 front belly plates. 

Peter.

 

IMG_20190615_201617.jpg

IMG_20190615_201554.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another little job done is the 4 plates that weld to the body support plates with a bolt going through them and the suspension lock collar to hold the body support plate on the axle end. I first cut and folded some 3mm plate into a C section, it took a couple goes to work out the measurements to get a tight fit over the collar. I then cut them to shape and lined up, marked and drilled the holes. I managed to weld the first one on. I didn't have a correct size bolt to hand so I used a drill bit to line everything up.

Peter.

 

IMG_20190619_171114.jpg

IMG_20190619_184103.jpg

IMG_20190619_185647.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another little job! There is a tray across the the inside of the front lower plate. The top edge is bent back on it's self on a 1/4" ID curve . I made some tooling up and pressed the edge on. Unfortunately the tray is slightly wider than my folder so I had to take it to the engineer's to get folded. I have made a second one for Alastair's Loyd.

Peter.

 

IMG_20190620_195111.jpg

IMG_20190621_191340.jpg

IMG_20190621_191356.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I did manage to get my mig welder going on some of the higher setting so I was able to weld the ends on the tray. It wasn't pretty but it cleaned up O.K. I drilled the first 2 holes and positioned the tray. Just need to drill the rest of the holes. The clips for the fuel line run along the tray. 

Peter.

 

 

IMG_20190623_173057.jpg

IMG_20190623_173113.jpg

IMG_20190623_174014.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...