I have been busy so I have only had chance to grab a hour here and there.

I have cut the brake cable guards to size and cleaned and primed some parts. I have continued working on the belly plates, the 2 rear plates are reasonably straight forward with a right angle corner to start marking out from and these are more or less done apart from drilling holes and cutting the slots for the brake cables.

The front plates on the other hand are a nightmare, there are no right angle corners and 3 folds across the middle. The patterns are all damaged to some degree and it has taken a lot of time to work out all the measurements and angles. I folded the first plate up tonight and it is looking to be a good shape and size although some folds will need adjusting and it will need a lot of fitting. I am going to make up a second set of plates up for someone so won't fold up the second front plate until I am happy with the first and have used it as a pattern to cut the second set out.

Peter.

IMG_20181010_213935.jpg

IMG_20181007_204645.jpg

IMG_20181011_211216.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, David Herbert said:

You need a CAD system (Cardboard Aided Design) !

David

I have never done thing's the easy way!

I have done some shaping of the plate tonight and it is looking a good fit.

Peter.

I have nearly finished the belly plates, I just need a hole saw to cut the 2 inspection holes and I need to make the covers. When I checked the fitment I noticed that the front plates didn't line up, after checking I found the original plates were out by 1/4" so I will leave them.

I have also got a set of springs for one suspension unit primed after soaking in molasses.

Peter.

IMG_20181021_184246.jpg

IMG_20181021_184255.jpg

• Like 2

I have cut out 6 inspection covers tonight as I am making 2 extra set's of belly plates. 

Also started welding the new threaded rod on to the track adjusters, I got the first one done and the second is half welded.

Peter.

IMG_20181022_202638.jpg

IMG_20181022_192812.jpg

IMG_20181022_202536.jpg

IMG_20181022_210643.jpg

Interesting that the early Loyds had those inspection plates but the later 'mass produced' versions like mine did away with them.

I have finished the second track adjuster tonight also the hole saw turned up so I cut the 2 inspection holes. I am now starting to think about the drivers floor.

Peter.

IMG_20181024_141503.jpg

IMG_20181024_141451.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately I have been busy with other things so not much progress.

I popped over to Newark military expo on Sunday with Alastair and court up with a lot of people but was a bit disappointed with what was there and didn't manage to buy anything.

I got some more parts off Alistair on the way back and some more measurements including a rear corner upright for the engine cover so I can make a pair.

Sunday afternoon I did manage to get the second set of bogie springs out of the molasses and cleaned up and primed and a 3rd set back in.

I now have a couple jobs for Alastair to do and some parts to make for another new Loyd project that will go a long way towards paying for the brake cables.

Peter.

IMG_20181104_182747.jpg

IMG_20181106_200944.jpg

• Like 1