T reflector

Can anyone point me to the legal bit?

IE when where these in use? Mines a 1930 Gibson Eccles, we can date it by the Morris Minor wheels as they only did that type from memory 1927-1930 and the catalogue. I have fitted a T but I have been asked why no triangles and would like too give a more exact answer.

The lids rough and its still not finished, but its saved and in regular use

IMG_20180708_124341667_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 6:29 PM, Artifficer said:

Hi Winchman

Use a detachable trailer board as we do on British Airborne trailers, then you can keep the trailer standard.

Artifficer

Thanks I have done in the past but it the weathers ok and its not dark I like to have it original, its not looking good for it at the moment as I am struggling for space so might have to sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend at Combined Ops at Headcorn in Kent, a chap with a very good Bantam trailer had been tail-ended by a BT truck in full daylight bending it badly, fortunately he was OK. An IMPS member was killed some years in similar circumstances, any thing that makes an olive drab vehicle more visible is a bonus. When I served in HM Forces our vehicles all had detachable hi-vis boards when traveling on public roads and they where entirely authentic, for years I've done the same with my Jeep and trailer. Better safe than sorry, rather than just trying to look authentic on the road. Each to his own

Regards

Artifficer