Daimler Armoured Car

REME 245

There were I believe 2 Daimler Armoured Cars in Pounds Scrap Yard one of which I now have and the other in unknown hands.    The attached picture shows one  but unless mine has had the wings repaired this is not mine.  I also remember seeing one parked under the motorway bridge during the 1990's.

Is the other owner on here and does anyone have any other pictures?   I believed the engine covered were also swapped and I have the other vehicles.

6ef72d63-c79c-4df4-a6a5-acba5157be30.png

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the picture.

Mine still had the Smoke Dischargers on when aquired by the previous owner  so quite if I can identify it from this is questionable.  Rex Cadman had the other one so I dont know if he is on his forum or anyone who works for him can confirm if his has the wing damage above.

I also appearently have his engine covers if he wants to swapped.  The vehicle numbers on stamped on them and mine do not fit 100%.

I spent the day grinding the panel off the side of the turret which covers the holes from the previous war-time pattern of smoke Discharger.  Interestingly on the side against the turret was the part number from the conversion kit and the date 1946.  They obviously started fitting these very soon after the end of the war.

Edited by REME 245