wanted : dodge wc 51 / wc52

hello all. 

I am after a dodge wc51 or wc52. I would like one that is on the road only needing a bit of tlc or up to show standard already really (got enough other projects ! ). also ideally one that is already in the uk and registered .

thanks for taking time to read this.

martin.

Check Gordon's Dodge forum. there is a list of chassis numbers against manufacture dates. Bear in mind after 70 years of working everyone is a bitza. My two the chassis are February and October 1944, but after 70 years of rebuilds and refurbs who knows? The WC54 Katy was rebuilt in Germany in 1952 and the WC51 RubyBaby has a Norwegian Dynamo dated 1961.

the dodge on milweb is mine nice vehicle thought of ringing the wings over they are much better than the ones on our command car, had lots of interest nobody has actually viewed it yet, but with the usual storage problems something has to go we have a hotchkiss advertised as well ,one has to go i would like to keep the dodge but the hotchkiss slipped out of top a few hours before the first viewing so it looks like it might be staying a while

still on the look out for an early 40's wc51 / wc52. I am after one that only needs a bit of tlc or is up to usable show condition as other commitments take up my time to be honest. I am going to war and peace show on Tuesday (tomorrow! that's come around quick!) if anyone has anything there for sale.

cheers,

martin.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not a WC. The Canadian's didnt make them. That if it is correct is an APT airportable truck. Similar to but quite unlike (To quote Douglas Adams) a WC51 or 52. Diffrent engine for a start the longer T215.  Also narrowerthan the 51. Also one of the rarest of the family. 59dcb868949df_beacourt@APT.jpg.3a554b211e5fbe26d9d16d6b55607c76.jpg

Edited by Tony B

That darling wasn't mine. She belonged to a firend, we used to run her and the 51 together, that's how one look and I knew the difrence. The one in the picture has now gone to Europe somewhere.  They are a nice truckOnly had one problem with it a generator bearing failed, though that was in about 1996 and the bearing was dated 1945.

• 4 weeks later...