Arrows 1.75 tonne trailer - info and parts needed

A friend is looking for a replacement offside hub for an Arrows 1 3/4 tonne trailer or possibly information on where to go for one. It is possible that the axle was a standard part bought in by Arrows. So anything you might be able to help on. The problem is that the brake drum is cracked.

cheers Richard

8 minutes ago, john1950 said:

Arrows factory was not far from where I live, and I remember trailer loads of axles comming to the factory so they were bought in parts.

Hi John,

That's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming. Likely supplier could have been Rubery Owen maybe.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Richard Farrant said:

A friend is looking for a replacement offside hub for an Arrows 1 3/4 tonne trailer or possibly information on where to go for one. It is possible that the axle was a standard part bought in by Arrows. So anything you might be able to help on. The problem is that the brake drum is cracked.

cheers Richard

Just bumping this to the top again. Any leads on a hub for an Arrows trailer, please let me know, this is for a friend.

regards, Richard

Sorry I meant of the bits to try to identify a manufacturer, I have been trying to find an ex Arrow- Target employee. They could be just a standard Sankey. Arrows did the design and fabrication, bought in running gear and hitch. If the light units were not specified Rubbolight they were probably made by Magnatech another local company

Edited by john1950

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Richard Farrant said:

cheers Richard

Richard,

Is the hub required if only the drum is cracked.

I assume, that if this hub and brake drum is used on more than just the Arrows trailer the NSNs would be the same in the illustrated parts catalogue for each trailer. If I'm correct, it may make a replacement hub/drum easier to find if the Arrows drum is common to one or more other makes and/or sizes of trailer.

Plan B - If, the drum is unobtainable, cast and machine a new drum or even a pair.

9 minutes ago, MatchFuzee said:

Richard,

Is the hub required if only the drum is cracked.

I assume, that if this hub and brake drum is used on more than just the Arrows trailer the NSNs would be the same in the illustrated parts catalogue for each trailer. If I'm correct, it may make a replacement hub/drum easier to find if the Arrows drum is common to one or more other makes and/or sizes of trailer.

Plan B - If, the drum is unobtainable, cast and machine a new drum or even a pair.

Thanks, the owner does not have an ISPL otherwise we would have a NSN to work on. Thought he said the hub and drum were one part. Casting and machining a drum is not out of the question but as there are a good many of these trailers around it stands to reason there could be spares as well, or someone is breaking trailers. I have a strong feeling the axle assembly was bought in by Arrow and parts could be common to other military trailers. There are, or have been forum members with the Arrows trailers.

This forum is deadly quiet lately and a lot of usual suspects have disappeared so not getting the feedback I would have expected.

19 hours ago, john1950 said:

Sorry I meant of the bits to try to identify a manufacturer, I have been trying to find an ex Arrow- Target employee. They could be just a standard Sankey. Arrows did the design and fabrication, bought in running gear and hitch. If the light units were not specified Rubbolight they were probably made by Magnatech another local company

Thanks John,

I can remember the towing hitch assy was bought in from form another manufacturer when I worked on these trailers about 25+ years ago.

1 hour ago, Richard Farrant said:

This forum is deadly quiet lately and a lot of usual suspects have disappeared so not getting the feedback I would have expected.

A shame that the 'disappeared' didn't give the new forum more of a go before they left us! 

2 hours ago, john1950 said:

There is a one for sale on Millweb at the moment. It has had a lot of work done on the braking system so the owner Graham Collins may have some usefull information, there is a contact number listed.

Thanks John,

I had a possible lead during the week on a drum. Owner is following it up