Cvrt and heat

Ronsandt

So I’ve noticed my sabre doesn’t like the hot days. She likes to deasel when turned off . It’s usually like over 80 degrees. It’s the one thing I don’t like about cvrt no temp gauge. Always worried I’m going to over heat her. I check the anti freeze before ever run. Anyone ever put a gauge in one? Ofcouse it’s always hot in drivers seat.

Yes , I setup a temp and an Rpm tacho , out in front on the Left hand corner. This was the biggest course of engine failures over here when the Army used them was due to over revving and blowing conrods out the side of the blocks. I must have at least a dozen blocks that this has happened to. When you drive with your head out the top , you cannot very easily see the instrumentation. Surely also a great design was  where they situated the starter button as well! Cheers Andrew.

It was a couple of years ago , but I do not think it was that hard. The sender unit goes in the head and the wire goes to your gauge electrically. Plenty of power terminals in the junction block up the front if you have to put power in the gauge. I think the tacho just came off the dizzy ,  Cheers Andrew.

It really isn't easy to judge engine speed with all the other noise going on. Being a shorty, I can keep a good eye on the RPM gauge in the dash without too much hassle. On the odd time I was hatch ornament in our Spartan, I could see the RPMs the other driver was achieving (sensible ones) and hear the exhaust (which you can't from the drivers position) and found the exhaust note quite alarming!

I fitted a digital temp gauge to my sabre, its 2x1 inch in size (£3.50 on ebay), has its own batteries, very thin temp lead was inserted down the side of the hose that goes back to the radiator, new batteries twice a year, been fitted for 2 years now, runs at a constant 80 c