2 Russian Amphibious APCs

MatchFuzee

Intersting.  What intrigues me is - do they have engines as both as give an engine size of 0cc?
Both require a shed load of work (although the MTLB looks to have very good tracks) so the £6k figure is nearer the mark on both.  The MTLB is overwidth so could never be road registered, not sure about the BTR-80.  I know the BTR-60 and -70 exceeded VOSA's max width.

4 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Might be because the engine size is simply not known.

Could very well be Richard - although IIRC the ads say they came from the MoD - I'm guessing trophies from the operations out there?  If so the MoD would surely have had the spec's to hand?  Given the current trade embargo with Russia sourcing replacements if they are missing or totally FUBAR will be difficult - to put it mildly. 🙂

22 hours ago, ArtistsRifles said:

What intrigues me is - do they have engines as both as give an engine size of 0cc?

5 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Might be because the engine size is simply not known.

Richard, before your post I had already asked Brightwells, does 0 cc mean no engine or simply cc unknown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terryb said:

These have been out on a training area since the first Gulf conflict. Intrigued as to why they have gone to a disposal source other than Witham's??????

It seems the rumours are true;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/487700/response/1173188/attach/3/20180612 FOI 2018 07176 Beddard Witham Ltd substantive response O.pdf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MatchFuzee said:

Richard, before your post I had already asked Brightwells, does 0 cc mean no engine or simply cc unknown.

That - as the saying goes - is the $64,000,000 question!
BTR-80 should have a KamAZ diesel -type 7403, 10.85 litres developing 260 hp
MTLB should have a YaMZ 238, V-8 diesel developing 240 hp, capacities vary between 14.5 to 24.5 litres depending on derivative

I like the descripton for the MTLB:

Although resurrection is not beyond the scope of the dedicated enthusiast, it is more likely that this vehicle will have a future as a static exhibit in a military collection or as an attraction at a tourist destination.

The BTR is the better proposition I think for those interested.  The aerials on top indicate it might have been either a comms relay or command & control type in which case getting hold of all the radio kit will be a long and time (and ££'s) consuming job.  Sounds like it could be got running easily enough and a few weekends with a needle gun and paintbrush would tidy up the outside nicely so it looked presentable.  Not enough shots of the interior to see how that is and whats needed to complete it (other than the radios).  Sad thing is - unlike a SKOT-64 - the BTR is still over the 2.55m limit. 🙁

On 6/26/2018 at 12:30 PM, ArtistsRifles said:

I like the descripton for the MTLB:

The BTR is the better proposition I think for those interested.  The aerials on top indicate it might have been either a comms relay or command & control type in which case getting hold of all the radio kit will be a long and time (and ££'s) consuming job.  Sounds like it could be got running easily enough and a few weekends with a needle gun and paintbrush would tidy up the outside nicely so it looked presentable.  Not enough shots of the interior to see how that is and whats needed to complete it (other than the radios).  Sad thing is - unlike a SKOT-64 - the BTR is still over the 2.55m limit. 🙁

Your get it registered there idiots at the DVLA 

just have to word it right 

I get Humvees registered with them all the time never had an issue. 

The MT-LB is one that the MOD used in exercises in the UK. It was rebuilt out of three damaged ones which were aquired in the (I think) second Gulf War. The next best one was made operational and has been owned by at least two private owners since. There are videos of it on YouTube. The third was stripped for spares and I believe scrapped as the hull was seriously damaged. The example being sold is a relatively late one as it has a driver's hatch but is on dry pin tracks which do not have the facility for rubber pads. There are rubber bushed tracks made for it and those can have rubber pads bolted to them. Most spares for MT-LBs are available in Poland and other ex Soviet countries but the dealers have realised that they can charge silly prices now.

In theory Russian vehicles supplied to non Soviet countries were supposed to have been supplied with English language manuals but I have never seen any for MT-LB despite looking quite hard. Russian language books are relatively available and quite usefull.

MT-LBs are very loud, fast, ride well but quite hard work to drive. They were well liked by their crews as long as they weren't being shot at as the armour is very thin. Lots of videos on YouTube.

David

3 hours ago, FW200 said:

It's a BTR-60 btw.. Not an 80..

Did wonder about that as there is a lack of side hatches - however the ad clearly states BTR-80!!
If it is a BTR-6- then the power plantS are 2 × GAZ-40P 6-cylinder petrol engines generating 90 hp each - and which are a pig to synchronise apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as if the "sold price" is the "hammer price" plus the buyers premium but no VAT. I've come to this conclusion because if you divide the "sold price" by 1.1 the result is a round figure ending in £50, £100 or £1,000. Not done this to all the lots but enough to satisfy that myself that the results are consistent. 

Hammer price £8,000

Buyer premium £800

VAT on premium £160

VAT on APC £1,600

Total £10,560

Edited by MatchFuzee
Word changes.