WANTED Matchless G3L

charlie1944

That 1941 one on eBay needs a lot of work to put right, if the engine and frame nos are correct wartime......you would have to check.  But the front forks, headlamp, mudguards, speedo, etc are postwar.  So its pretty much a standard offering for a mongrel a WDG3L.  If the frame and engine are correct, then it could be the basis for a rolling restoration, if you buy at the right price, but much better and original ones do come up fairly regularly.  

Yes I have seen that one and have messaged to ask for the frame no. And engine no. On eBay and milweb,he did reply on milweb with engine no but not frame no and is now not replying when I’ve asked.

as you say at a reasonable price it could be the basis to get it right,but would rather something a bit more complete wartime spec hence asking on here.

The trouble is that usually the sellers of such bikes don't want to sell at a price that would allow you to make good the deficiencies within a reasonable price frame.  They are looking for a less discerning punter! Usually makes more sense to buy something that is mostly correct and complete, even if scruffy.  Genuine tinware and major parts are hard to find and very expensive, although you can save money buying repro stuff.  I would try advertising again........another very good place to try an advert is the AMOC owners club site.  I got mine that route.