good evening everyone i am trying to find out who owns the 50 ton dyson trailer that is at Binnegar quarry near Weymouth. would like to save it and put behind my Diamond T.

have got quarries permission to remove and the land owner would like to have trailer owners permission first if we can locate and contact the trailers owner.

if any one can help with contact details for the owner of this trailer please feel free to comment below, PM, or call me on 07533067157

i don't want to take it away with out trying to contact the owner as i genuinely want to return it to road worthy condition and show it.

many thanks Sam Goddard 

dyson 50 ton.jpg

I have no doubt you will come up with a plan.

To show that an effort has been made to find the owner, ask the quarry and/or the land owner to write a notice giving the trailer owner chance to collect the vehicle by (insert date*) before it is dispose of. Affix one copy to the trailer and one on the nearest road access to the field. Proof of this should be kept in case the owner does ever return for the trailer.

* According to this site only 7 day's notice is required:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/abandoned-vehicles-council-responsibilities

• Like 2

trailer has been there for a good number of years, tyres are flat and there are no number plates so i guess it classes as abandoned? 

will talk to the quarry and the land owners and see if they are happy to go this way. 

thank you for the info MatchFuzee would like to find the owner and do it the right way but we are all assuming the owner is even around any more. 

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idear to go ahead and move it  before some one decides that it would be a good way of making a few quid as the price of scrap is up. Some one may come along and clam it who's not the real owner and before you know it it's cut up and gone. Good luck

Posted (edited)

And yes I think it would look very nice sat behind a Diamond T

Edited by skippypete

I restored one for behind my Antar back in the early 90's. You have 18 tons to pull out of there. very likely the tyres will inflate in situ, don't try to move without trying to inflate them or it will rip all the valves out of the tubes. Hopefully the brakes were left wound off that will be a big plus. It looks in pretty good condition

• Like 1

thank you John

i have the quarry on side to help move it some were to be collected but still no luck finding the trailers owner. 

also a friend has spoken with the land owner but they say it is to do with the quarry and the quarry say it is to do with the land owner so at the moment neither want to be involved. 

not sure what else can be done on my side regarding the Dyson as attempts to find and contact the owner have failed. 

regards sam

I think you have done more than most people would have done and reading the government website I think you are more than justified in taking it, but I would keep trying to find out who the owner was and if he decided to clam it he would still have cover any cost you incurred.

JUST a word of caution while you may think that you have done every thing to find the owner . The landowner and the quarry company may be glad to see the thing  go they are not the owners if you remove it and the rightful  owner turns up rather than him  paying you he may claim damages for the lost of his property. Before any one says rubbish this is what l am doing at the  moment over a vehicle

this is the thing and i know you are correct in what you are saying Wally, seems the trailer was left there long enough ago no one at the quarry recalls how it ended up there. really hoping some one on this forum reads this and can put me in touch with the owner or family. 

If, the Ministry plate which is usually riveted to the chassis frame on the nearside, is still on the trailer, it maybe possible to trace through the DVSA the owner at the time the trailer was last tested. Assuming that the DVSA can help you, it would be a starting point to find the current owner.

• Like 1