Mystery Object No. 30

fv1609

Ah I have now found out why I have only been able to retrieve such a poor image. In fact I am quite pleased that I have managed to get any image at all.

When you go to http://www.google.com/patents

Look at an image, right clear to try to save it. But all images appear as cleardot.GIF. The image can't be saved as this 2kb blank image sits on top of the jpeg underneath to hide it.

I don't know when this started, but must be fairly recent. It is not known why google do this to even things without copyright in the public domain.

To get the image that I did was to download it as a pdf, then save the image as a bitmap then convert it to a jpeg. But does anyone know a cleaner way of doing it to get a decent image?

To store biscuits?, Looks like a gap in the middle to remove them.

YES well done Richard it is indeed a 1918 US military biscuit tin:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=eB5RAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA44&dq=military+biscuits#PPA44,M1

Note. The last 3 objects have been "themed". Indian latrine, Indian latrine made from biscuit tins & an albeit smaller biscuit tin.

YES well done Richard

Note. The last 3 objects have been "themed". Indian latrine, Indian latrine made from biscuit tins & an albeit smaller biscuit tin.

Thanks Clive,

The "theme" clue did not help me, it was the end view, showing what looked like a Cream Cracker :-D

I pick up my prize at the Steam Fair :whistle: Not a 10 year old packet of ration biscuits either!

Thanks Clive,

The "theme" clue did not help me, it was the end view, showing what looked like a Cream Cracker :-D

I pick up my prize at the Steam Fair :whistle: Not a 10 year old packet of ration biscuits either!

Yes well done Richard, you certainly deserve wining the biscuit-tin latrine. But you will have to pick it up at the end of the show :-D But have you made your incinerator yet? Building a few paths round the house are we?