Having some fun.

bigtinasoup

So Im sure I few of you have seen the stunning militant with a 2800 buy it now. I've managed to get in touch with this mythical seller and now intend to have some fun. 

Below is the first email from "John".

Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The car is still for sale and available for viewing in Kirkwall, Orkney - North Scotland. It belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away few weeks ago. All related paperwork are available in my name. My last asking price is £2800 including delivery to your home address. Where abouts are you based?

See below some info on the car :

AEC MILITANT MK 1 1954 6X4

NEW TYRES ALL ROUND RECENT RE SPRAY ALL ORIGINAL CONDITION YOU CAN DRIVE IT ON A CAR LICENCE ALSO MOT EXEMPT

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

John

I do keep seeing this. There are also many other vehicles appearing and being cancelled by a similar seller. It always states "GB, UK" as a location. I have reported around 10 of these myself as it would be all to easy for the unfamiliar on eBay to get caught out.  I wonder what they will reply? 

Paul

The current username is "Redsquash-uk" with a user rating of 574 at 100%! I guess you can fake or hack anything these days.

So far I can see the AEC Militant, Series 3 Lightweight, Willy MB and a replica Willys. They are using stock picture from 'Google Images'. 

I think we should all try and have some fun with the scammer and bombard them with useless questions! 

"Does it come in blue?"

"What make is the AEC Militant?"

"I can come and pay in cash now, is that okay?"

Paul

That would be awful! I hadn't considered that.

I have had these emails through my Private email. 

No reply yet. I don't expect one if I'm honest. I found an old nissan like this a few years back.  Icouldn't visit it as the seller was poorly and they use Thier own shipper. When asked it was Shipley....

A new email!! One I didn't expect. 

Hi again, Unfortunately I am working in Rome, Italy at the moment for the next few months...and Kirkwall, Orkney is to far away to arrange viewing for each offer i get. I suggest going through PayPal for your peace of mind. We will use PayPal - Pay After Delivery which gives you 14 days for the car to be delivered/inspected before any funds are released to me. Regarding delivery someone will transport it safely to your location.

Please read the PayPal (Pay after delivery) terms by clicking on the link below:

This purchase protection guarantees that the car is exactly as described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 7 days to inspect it and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs. I will get paid only after you confirm that you have received the car in good order.

Let me know if you want to go ahead as I still have quite a few more offers from potential buyers. If you do want to go ahead please email me your full name and address along with your daily contact number to get this purchase registered with PayPal - PAD (pay after delivery).

P.S - See attached several photos.

Regards,

John

Cheers John.

What is your PayPal email address? There are far to many scammers out there. 

I can view and arrange transport. I do alot of vintage vehicle moves. Often end up in the arse hole of nowhere. So going to Orkney really is not trouble. We would relish the trip in all honesty Johnny mate. 

Many thanks, jack. 

Very good suggestion Paul!!

Hello again.

Where abouts in Rome are you John? My brother works out there. I've been planning a trip and finding excuses not to go. We could meet up and I'll pay cash. I much prefer doing business face to face. 

Many thanks, and hope to see you soon. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, paul connor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/redsquash-uk/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

It would appear on the above link to the Seller, that they have the most varied stock of items for sale. I hope it isn't an innocent persons account that has been somehow hacked, as the feedback trail has been inactive for 6 months?

Interesting all starting bids 99p