Thornycroft Big Ben

Boley

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Boley said:

Getting there slowly, I have to register it and I cannot find the number stamped on the chassis. Would anyone have an idea where Thornycroft would put the chassis number?

IMG_5106.JPG

seem to remember but not 100% sure in front of steer box on depth of chassis and believe some digits obscured by that big plate with two holes in also on a riveted plate under passenger side wheel arch on chassis although this barely readable 40 years ago

18 hours ago, cosrec said:

seem to remember but not 100% sure in front of steer box on depth of chassis and believe some digits obscured by that big plate with two holes in also on a riveted plate under passenger side wheel arch on chassis although this barely readable 40 years ago

Thanks #cosrec 

I have someone coming to sandblast the chassis this week so I'll give those areas a check when the wheels are off.

1 hour ago, Lenham classics said:

Hi there we have a grn6 thornycroft engine if u are still looking .

IMG_20180614_153634.jpg

I would be interested but I'm located on the west coast of Ireland and shipping would be expensive. I'll have a look into prices and get back to you. Did i come across this on e-bay, biggest concern for me is if there are any cracks in the blocks or heads.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...