Alvis Solamander in Manitoba

Painthorses

Hello,

I have seen that there has been some chatter about the 1958 Alvis we acquired some years ago when we purchased some property in Manitoba, Canada.  No it is NOT rotting in a shed, No we have not sent it to the wrecker, We still have it along with all parts, including motor. So please don't assume all was disposed of. 

The reason I stopped discussing said vehicle is I felt I was to feel a certain way about the machine, I came on here to get information about it etc not to be judged. Not all people have attachments to things they acquire by purchasing property

I was wanting a Canadian value to advertise the vehicle including the maintenance manual to sell it .

Regards, 

Leah Engbaek 
( Yes I am a Woman)

Leah,

I was one of those who commented on the vehicle, my apologies if I offended you at all.

The value of the vehicle is one of those really hard things to determine. They are not easy to work on at all, I have been involved in a few of that family of vehicle now.

If yours is ex RCAF then it is unique as to my knowledge it is the only surviving example in Canada. That does not mean anyone is going to pay money for it.

I have a friend in BC who might be interested as he has a number of that family of vehicles and has the space and the time for bigger projects.

I am glad to hear that it is still around and has not been scrapped.

If I can be of any help please contact me. Although in Ontario myself I am not that far away really.

• 10 months later...

Hello

tbought I would be courteous and let all no the Alvis Frim Manitoba Canada has been sold to Hollywood & will be starting in movies. 

So all can rest it hasnt been shredded or rotting in a barn somewhere in Manitoba 

Leah Engbaek 

• Like 1

Hi all.

This beauty of a beast is now in my care and I am currently tasked with reviving him.  I have dubbed him Big Al.

He is going to be featured in a new TV series that will soon be filming here in Manitoba.

Any information on the ignition system would be greatly appreciated as it's like nothing I've seen  before. Any information on anything would be helpful for that matter.

I am anxious to get him running and go for a drive.  My boss wants that to happen in the next few days.

I'm hoping that when filming wraps that I will be able to buy him and give him a good home.

Thanks in advance, Dean.

• 1 year later...

Oh man.  I feel like an arse.  (can I say arse here?)

It's  been a minute from the last time I checked in here but I feel I should give you a long overdue update.

Big Al AKA Salamander #3 is a star!  I got him running and driving and you can see him on the Amazon Prime series 'Tales from the Loop' if you are willing to sit through a painfully slow sci fi show.

He got a crappy yellowish paint job complete with fake movie rust, decals and dirt but I gotta say he is a blast to drive!

I'd love so share some pics but I'm a bit compooter  stoopid.