Introductions

Mk3iain

Have we dropped the need for introductions before posting?  

I may be missing something but I think the forum is loosing something without the apparent little bit of vetting of members.

As I said I may be missing something....

Iain

I don't know if you are missing something.

Before I registered to join the forum, I was a "Guest" for quite a long time, this meant that I saw other peoples' introductions,posts and how the forum worked, so wanting to "make a good impression" and knowing a number of the forum users already (fellow MVT members) it was logical for me to introduce myself.

I've never heard of any vetting of new members, unless this a secret task done by the Administrators and/or the Moderators.

I thought there was a gentle request to post an introduction before other posts could be lodged. I have seen similar on other forums to screen out the opportunist scammers and spammers.

It is nice to have an idea who folk are and where they come from.

The administrators seem to be well on the ball as we don't seem to be easily targeted. With the ongoing controversy regarding social media sites and the misuse of personal data, it's good to know!

Iain