War & Peace Revival - 2018

LarryH57

Spoke to them at Stoneleigh about entry dates.

The earliest people can get in for marking out is the 19th, but if you do go and mark out a spot you have to stay. They said it's to stop people marking out areas and then turning up for the last few days. The chap we spoke to said if any areas are roped off and left they will take the ropes down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 6:43 PM, cripp said:

Spoke to them at Stoneleigh about entry dates.

The earliest people can get in for marking out is the 19th, but if you do go and mark out a spot you have to stay. They said it's to stop people marking out areas and then turning up for the last few days. The chap we spoke to said if any areas are roped off and left they will take the ropes down. 

To be honest i think that depends what your name is......

The new show owners say a lot.......but don't always do a lot.......

I have just been filling out their vehicle entry form.  I see some welcome improvements in the fee structure with additional vehicles free and no toilet surcharge (must have learned their lesson from last year!).  However, when I got to the paying by card bit, there seemed to be a lack of security indicated with what looked like rather sketchy card detail entry and no indication of any payment security measures.......so one's card details are up for grabs by any old hacker???  Decided not to bother.  Pay at the gate with that weird papery stuff?

Edited by matchlesswdg3
Additional info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

I have just been filling out their vehicle entry form.  I see some welcome improvements in the fee structure with additional vehicles free and no toilet surcharge (must have learned their lesson from last year!).  However, when I got to the paying by card bit, there seemed to be a lack of security indicated with what looked like rather sketchy card detail entry and no indication of any payment security measures.......so one's card details are up for grabs by any old hacker???  Decided not to bother.  Pay at the gate with that weird papery stuff?

Hi Ferg,

Another improvement, you can download and print off a pdf entry form as we used to do, see link here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018_Military_Vehicle.pdf

.......and send a cheque?  Thanks, Richard.  So many internet scams, its a worry.  I try to limit posting of my payment card details.  Even had a scam email the other day, purporting to be from the DVLA wanting to give me a £360 road fund refund......just advise them of my bank details, blah, blah.  Its a constant battle against the scum-mers.

• 1 month later...

I have not booked yet for WPR but I could not see much in the way of terms and conditions on the WPR webpage. In particular I'm looking for details of wether the organisers still have the attitude that if you can't come for the whole week don't come! Sadly I have a family event on the last day - 28th - so may need to come home on Friday night. As some of you may be aware not everyone in the household appreciates MV's

Lastly there seems a lack of posts in this part of HMVF so  is there a feeing that many MV owners won't attend?

There was No mention at last years w&p Hop farm show about the previous show command ..stay to the end or don't enter, it was actually all quite relaxed and hope it will be same again this year, ....also this year you enter just One military vehicle and bring any other MV's for Free !  ..just extra crew/drivers need to buy a wristband for entry, 

Edited by Nick Johns

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 3:10 PM, Nick Johns said:

There was No mention at last years Hop farm show about the previous show command stay to the end or don't enter, it was actually all quite relaxed and hope it will be same again this year, ....also this year you enter just One military vehicle and bring any other MV's for Free !  ..just extra crew/drivers need to buy a wristband for entry, 

..The concession for Imps club members free entry has ended,  so may lose some entries through that

I cant see the charges for extra crew,   Im sure they are not going to loose money on this though.......

I have looked again at the online booking form, am I missing what you are say because,

If book my 1st vehicle its £35 FOR 2 adults passes and 2 nippers

I then bring a 2nd vehicle, NO CHARGE but have to pay £30 pounds each for the driver and passenger total £60

Am I not reading something or am I stupid, or have you not understood the booking system.

17 hours ago, gas 44 said:

I have looked again at the online booking form, am I missing what you are say because,

If book my 1st vehicle its £35 FOR 2 adults passes and 2 nippers

I then bring a 2nd vehicle, NO CHARGE but have to pay £30 pounds each for the driver and passenger total £60

Am I not reading something or am I stupid, or have you not understood the booking system.

From the booking form...

• A £35 facility fee is payable for each military vehicle entry. Each vehicle entry entitles you to two adult passes
  • Extra passes above the 2 adults are available @ £30 per adult, Children are free with an adult (0-15 inclusive).

• Support vehicles – There will be a fee of £30* for anyone bringing a support vehicle and these will be parked in the designated on-site parking area.

So, I read that as £35 per MV entered - which includes 2 x adult passes, with Children under 16 free... and £30 per support vehicle, with £30 per additional adult not on the MV entry.

Edited by Packhow75

On 6/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Packhow75 said:

From the booking form...

• A £35 facility fee is payable for each military vehicle entry. Each vehicle entry entitles you to two adult passes
  • Extra passes above the 2 adults are available @ £30 per adult, Children are free with an adult (0-15 inclusive).

• Support vehicles – There will be a fee of £30* for anyone bringing a support vehicle and these will be parked in the designated on-site parking area.

So, I read that as £35 per MV entered - which includes 2 x adult passes, with Children under 16 free... and £30 per support vehicle, with £30 per additional adult not on the MV entry.

I agree with you but that is NOT how it seems to read from Nick JOHNS post.

1 hour ago, gas 44 said:

I agree with you but that is NOT how it seems to read from Nick JOHNS post.

It is on the online booking form that you can bring other military vehicles for free, just pay for the first one, so if you load a transporter up or you shuttle your MV's to Beltring you can bring as many as you like, it is any extra drivers who would have to pay.

See this quote from the website:

Additional Military Vehicles
We only charge for the first military vehicle you enter, you can bring the rest of your collection for FREE .

On 6/12/2018 at 5:42 PM, Richard Farrant said:

It is on the online booking form that you can bring other military vehicles for free, just pay for the first one, so if you load a transporter up or you shuttle your MV's to Beltring you can bring as many as you like, it is any extra drivers who would have to pay.

See this quote from the website:

Additional Military Vehicles
We only charge for the first military vehicle you enter, you can bring the rest of your collection for FREE .

Yes I agree and understand,I was just pointing out that it was not how it read on an earlier post that MAY have been edited.

Hi does anybody know what time the booking in will be open before the show starts on the Tuesday,ie Saturday and Sunday,I have looked on there website but can't see the hours for the first few days.

Thanks Simon