LarryH57

War & Peace Revival - 2018

I have already sent in my details with our group entry.

Spoke to them at Stoneleigh about entry dates.

The earliest people can get in for marking out is the 19th, but if you do go and mark out a spot you have to stay. They said it's to stop people marking out areas and then turning up for the last few days. The chap we spoke to said if any areas are roped off and left they will take the ropes down. 

On 14/03/2018 at 6:43 PM, cripp said:

Spoke to them at Stoneleigh about entry dates.

The earliest people can get in for marking out is the 19th, but if you do go and mark out a spot you have to stay. They said it's to stop people marking out areas and then turning up for the last few days. The chap we spoke to said if any areas are roped off and left they will take the ropes down. 

To be honest i think that depends what your name is......

The new show owners say a lot.......but don't always do a lot.......

Do you think now that its in its second year at its old location at Beltring, that MV owners will start going in pre-Folkestone numbers, or have MV owners been put of for good?

Posted (edited)

I have just been filling out their vehicle entry form.  I see some welcome improvements in the fee structure with additional vehicles free and no toilet surcharge (must have learned their lesson from last year!).  However, when I got to the paying by card bit, there seemed to be a lack of security indicated with what looked like rather sketchy card detail entry and no indication of any payment security measures.......so one's card details are up for grabs by any old hacker???  Decided not to bother.  Pay at the gate with that weird papery stuff?

Edited by matchlesswdg3
Additional info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

I have just been filling out their vehicle entry form.  I see some welcome improvements in the fee structure with additional vehicles free and no toilet surcharge (must have learned their lesson from last year!).  However, when I got to the paying by card bit, there seemed to be a lack of security indicated with what looked like rather sketchy card detail entry and no indication of any payment security measures.......so one's card details are up for grabs by any old hacker???  Decided not to bother.  Pay at the gate with that weird papery stuff?

Hi Ferg,

Another improvement, you can download and print off a pdf entry form as we used to do, see link here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018_Military_Vehicle.pdf

.......and send a cheque?  Thanks, Richard.  So many internet scams, its a worry.  I try to limit posting of my payment card details.  Even had a scam email the other day, purporting to be from the DVLA wanting to give me a £360 road fund refund......just advise them of my bank details, blah, blah.  Its a constant battle against the scum-mers.

So can us non British also pay in cash at the gate?

On ‎31‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 8:00 PM, LarryH57 said:

Sorry No - only British Pounds will be accepted!

No problem. I have GBP.