ws19 to variometer coax cable

Yeoman

Hi All,

ref ws19 -I am needing to make up a coax cable to run from the 'A' set aerial socket to the variometer.From 'Wireless for the Warrior' I understand that the coax should be of 80 ohm impedance - I can find 50 ohm easily but not 80 ohm.What coax cable should I use? I understand that the length should be 42" - is this critical or is the length more to do with where the variometer is situated within the ws19 set up?

Sorry if this sounds a silly question but I am new to military radios so any help/advice that you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Kevin.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, Yeoman said:

Hi All,

ref ws19 -I am needing to make up a coax cable to run from the 'A' set aerial socket to the variometer.From 'Wireless for the Warrior' I understand that the coax should be of 80 ohm impedance - I can find 50 ohm easily but not 80 ohm.What coax cable should I use? I understand that the length should be 42" - is this critical or is the length more to do with where the variometer is situated within the ws19 set up?

Sorry if this sounds a silly question but I am new to military radios so any help/advice that you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Kevin.

Television down lead is 75 Ohms and near enough to 80 Ohms that it  can be used and you will see no difference whatsoever at the frequencies used by a WS19

Diana