Mk1 Ferret

DFC1943Fl.Lt.

Hi,

I see you've advertised this loads of times now with no joy, can I make some suggestions?

You might want to take some better photos showing the inside, the engine bay etc. Maybe consider fitting the number plate lamp and the centre bin hinge to make it look more complete. Can you take a video of it running and driving? Upload to YouTube and post a link. Maybe write a better description, what has been done, what needs doing? What kit comes with it? 

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your input. I have tried all types of listing on different sites and now just think that if anyone is interested they can contact me. The inside is exactly the same as when the last squaddie got out of her. Fuel tank is out as it’s been cleaned. Running out of a Jerry can. Got the centre bin lid and new hinge also got the number plate light just haven’t had time to sort things. The price is what I think it is worth with looking at what else is out there for sale. £11500 to £12000 allowing £2500 to £3000 to bring the inside up to scratch so ending up with a very clean Ferret for  about £15000. Seeing how most I’ve seen are fetching from £15000 to £18000. I know Mk2 seem to make more but Mk1’s are a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of. 

I think it’s not sold because people can’t see what they are buying, and this is especially true if you’re thousands of miles away. If you were going to send cash across the Atlantic you’d want to see the engine bay, that it has both seats, which bins and brackets are fitted, does it have the radio trays, intercom etc? All easy answered with 10mins and a digital camera.

As said before, before I have been down that road of explaining everything but to no avail. To tell the truth I can't be asked anymore. If people are interested they can come and see. Not really worried about it being sold overseas, to much hassle. I have a few buddy's who have different WW2 vehicles for sale but nowt seems to be moving. It will sell when its ready, I still get to use her while I wait.

2 minutes ago, Markwise said:

so is this a mk 2/5 ferret thats stripped of it's turret? im a bit confused by your autograph and the ad's title...cheers

Hi mate, yes it was a Mk1 when it came off the production line. In the paperwork the reg. No. of 33BA93 says she was made in 1951/52 but D.I.S. Is 1954. It was up armoured on the 1-10-73 when she joined the RTR making her a Mk2/5. You can fit a turret on her but she is a early reconnaissance Ferret and never had one fitted. 

Am I missing something here? Please can someone explain how a Ferret Mk1 gets to be a Ferret Mk2/5 having "never had a turret fitted'?

I do like a good mystery.

Without a turret, the Ferret is quite cute and would grace my drive quite suitably here in Calgary :goodidea:

Edited by BlueBelle

13 hours ago, BlueBelle said:

Am I missing something here? Please can someone explain how a Ferret Mk1 gets to be a Ferret Mk2/5 having "never had a turret fitted'?

I do like a good mystery.

Without a turret, the Ferret is quite cute and would grace my drive quite suitably here in Calgary :goodidea:

Hi there, this Mk1 is a very early reccon vehicle and was not made with a turret. On the 1-10-73 she joined the Royal Tank Reg. and was up armoured, extra armour added to the majority of her, making this ferret a Mk2/5. I had always wanted a Mk2 with a turret but the more I looked at the Mk1's the more I liked them. 1st time I drove the ferret was around the parade ground at Winsor Barracks, fond memories. You can fit a turret to this model is you so wish but I am now glad I got the Mk1, also a dam sight easier to get in and out of her.