Printing Forum Article

Surveyor

Question

7 answers to this question

Is the format that you would like to print a forum article in? If yes I will write a "how to" guide for you. 

Printing Forum Article

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Surveyor said:

I seem to recall in the old Forum it was possible to print articles, I filled them for reference. I cant seem to find the same button as before, Can some one point me in the right place

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, rog8811 said:

Have you tried Right click on the mouse?

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Surveyor said:

Yes when I pressed the print button before it took all the adverts out which was what I hoped today

Thanks

19 hours ago, MatchFuzee said:

Is the format that you would like to print a forum article in? If yes I will write a "how to" guide for you. 

Printing Forum Article

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Surveyor said:

I seem to recall in the old Forum it was possible to print articles, I filled them for reference. I cant seem to find the same button as before, Can some one point me in the right place

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, rog8811 said:

Have you tried Right click on the mouse?

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Surveyor said:

Yes when I pressed the print button before it took all the adverts out which was what I hoped today

Thanks

I have my article re Cam Shaft woes, I am trying to print this off fo the mechanic, I remember on the previous site this was done without the adverts i.e. les clutter, I cant seem to find that here

Richard

Hello Richard,

This is not necessarily the only or best way but it does work. If you have any questions about it, I will do my best to answer them.

1. Open new word document and add the topic’s title.

2. Insert page number(if required).

3. Click on the  +  (MultiQuote) button before the Quote  button on each post. This works on more than one page at a time but I haven’t tried it on a topic that runs to 10s of pages.

4. When you have clicked on the  +  button for all the posts in the topic (or as many as the system allows) click on the “Quote posts” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. All the quoted posts are now in “Reply to this topic...”.

5. Click on “Preview”.

6. Right click anywhere in the quoted posts and then select all.

7. Right click again and copy.

8. Paste into your new document.

9. Delete the "MultiQuote" posts in “Reply to this topic...”.

Editing the document.

10. Select all the text.

11. To remove the shading click on the “Shading” button and then “No Color” or White, Background 1”

12. The images will require re-sizing.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, MatchFuzee said:

Hello Richard,

This is not necessarily the only or best way but it does work. If you have any questions about it, I will do my best to answer them.

1. Open new word document and add the topic’s title.

2. Insert page number(if required).

3. Click on the  +  (MultiQuote) button before the Quote  button on each post. This works on more than one page at a time but I haven’t tried it on a topic that runs to 10s of pages.

4. When you have clicked on the  +  button for all the posts in the topic (or as many as the system allows) click on the “Quote posts” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. All the quoted posts are now in “Reply to this topic...”.

5. Click on “Preview”.

6. Right click anywhere in the quoted posts and then select all.

7. Right click again and copy.

8. Paste into your new document.

9. Delete the "MultiQuote" posts in “Reply to this topic...”.

Editing the document.

10. Select all the text.

11. To remove the shading click on the “Shading” button and then “No Color” or White, Background 1”

12. The images will require re-sizing.

Will try when I have a spare minute, trouble being self employed needs to get money in to pay for the more interesting stuff