Hello from wet and windy SW Wales

Brew Up

Hi, I joined your forum as I have a love of military vehicles but also to try an identify a couple items in my workshop. I'm also involved with a local group restoring a WW2 control tower, we have an Anson which is having a cosmetic restoration and a 3 wheeled fuel bowser which will be brought upto running order. 

The parts i'm trying to indentify indentify...

An auxiliary battery charger set which I believe is a Tiny Tom?? Used in a tank possibly. I will try to add a photo. 

The other is what I believe to be a sprocket from a bren gun carrier. Would anyone have dimensions for one of these, diameter, number of teeth etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Dean

03000bb6.jpg

03000bb7.jpg

03000bb8.jpg

03000bb9.jpg

Edited by Brew Up
Added photos

I took the Shorland to the milfest last year & was looking forward to taking the Pig this year. As this seems to be the only MV show in S.Wales other than Caldicot Castle.

But I won't be going this year as sadly the event has been moved to a week later, to the Bank Holiday weekend, I am committed to going to Overlord as I always have done.

That's a shame but understandable. Hopefully you can make it next year if it continues. I've not been involved in the planning of the event but it would be nice to see a few more vehicles this year.

I really enjoyed the event last year, It would be good if we can grow it. As you say its the only show of its type in this area.

Yes it was an excellent show with a good range of vehicles & exhibitors including an amateur radio station (I am GW4MBS). Much as I would like to support a local event,  with it now on the Bank Holiday weekend I won't be going again as it is just a one day show whereas Portsmouth is three days with a lot more vehicles & friends I have been meeting there for 35 years. Anyway not your fault, you didn't come on here to be moaned at!

The museum at the control tower has an excellent range of interesting stuff & well worth a visit.

Its great to hear feedback, its the only way we can improve things and make the event successful, I will pass it onto the organisers. I'm not sure why the date of the event was changed but it would be good if we didn't clash with other events as its difficult enough trying to draw people to the far reaches of wales at the best of times.

Thank you for your positive comments though, its always good to hear.