Mystery Object No. 29

fv1609

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? Just shows...you can't give some things away!

So the one on the left, as we look at it, is deployed?

Yes

Is it for breeding mosquitoes, and then letting them free to cuase havok?

Probably not

You'll have to talk amongst yourselves, I'm off to a show.

When you identify this thing, it is not just an ordinary thing, it is a special thing. A thing only to be used by certain people, which distinguishes it from the more normal thing. Oh I have I given too much away?

Clive,

Only certain people would use it? That would be Officers then. My guess is that it is for them to wash under, with two divisions so he can step into the second part when finished, which should be dry. The cover would be draped over him whilst in use to save his modesty :whistle: then covered over tray to keep clean and dry before the next use.

Now tell me I am wrong!

:evil: Just had a thought, perhaps the Batman stands in the other half, keeping his feet dry while he scrubs the Officers back :-D

Clive,

Only certain people would use it? That would be Officers then. My guess is that it is for them to wash under, with two divisions so he can step into the second part when finished, which should be dry. The cover would be draped over him whilst in use to save his modesty :whistle: then covered over tray to keep clean and dry before the next use.

Now tell me I am wrong!

:evil: Just had a thought, perhaps the Batman stands in the other half, keeping his feet dry while he scrubs the Officers back :-D

Yes, you are quite wrong. Ingenious modus operandi but on the wrong beam.

Is it for very unwell (disentry or malaria) infected people to practice their ablutions etc?

Good idea but nope. How can I put it, the design of this type of latrine has a fundamentally significant difference from a standard latrine.

two more guesses:

1. when royalty visit the field.

2. Stool/urine samples taken during some field tests (very pleasant) seperate box for each.

1. I think royalty would demand something rather special particularly considering the proximity of an identical facility.

2. Not used for taking samples for tests.

Oh right...so the fact there are two side by side is no coincidence?

I one normally operational, and the other not?

No significance in there being two side by side. There would be a number of these installations in a row. The diagram is just to show one ready for immediate use, the other is to show how it should be covered after use.