willys original parts

chris s

Hi all i`ve just discovered this site so this is my first time posting 

many years ago i bought a willys MB, its a project that someone started then lost interest.

In the mean time i`ve been helping my dad restoring his sentinel steam wagon amongst other things and life getting in the way so its been stashed in his shed for years.

However the wagon is nearly finish and the jeeps turn is approaching.

So now ive started looking for the parts to finish my MB, ive been searching on line but can only seem to find people listing repro stuff and the odd NOS parts.

what ive got is mostly original so id like to try finish it that way, im not looking for bargain parts to try turn a quick quid im just looking for parts to finish my jeep.

So my questions are does anyone one know of any dealers dealing in original used parts also are there any shows or meets that have a more jeep part dealers than others ?

any help would be most appreciated 

many thanks 

chris

21 minutes ago, chris s said:

Hi all i`ve just discovered this site so this is my first time posting 

many years ago i bought a willys MB, its a project that someone started then lost interest.

In the mean time i`ve been helping my dad restoring his sentinel steam wagon amongst other things and life getting in the way so its been stashed in his shed for years.

However the wagon is nearly finish and the jeeps turn is approaching.

So now ive started looking for the parts to finish my MB, ive been searching on line but can only seem to find people listing repro stuff and the odd NOS parts.

what ive got is mostly original so id like to try finish it that way, im not looking for bargain parts to try turn a quick quid im just looking for parts to finish my jeep.

So my questions are does anyone one know of any dealers dealing in original used parts also are there any shows or meets that have a more jeep part dealers than others ?

any help would be most appreciated 

many thanks 

chris

Try Gavin Copeman  at Jeepparts uk for a start. Also look on a site called Milweb, they have a lot of contacts and people selling stuff.

Good luck Steve.

For original parts I think shows are your best bet, especially with private vendors.

Depending on what level you want to restore, you might need to do some homework about what variant of a certain part you will need.

If you do happen to have to resort to a repro part, I've heard very good things about 'Joe's Motor Pool' products.