Joris

Operation Market Garden 2019 - Register today!

oh well that's knocked that idea on the head then, I don't think theres much chance of finding a wwII vehicle and getting it done by the date, thanks for your help joris.

20 minutes ago, hotel magnum said:

oh well that's knocked that idea on the head then, I don't think theres much chance of finding a wwII vehicle and getting it done by the date, thanks for your help joris.

Yes, that will throw a spanner in the works.... 

well now theres a conundrum, only wwII vehicles but Hotchkiss post war jeeps are ok, that does not seem fair, as most of the veterans of the time are no longer with us we are surely showing our respect for them, so it would not matter what vehicle was used, I can see the point of military vehicles only but cannot see the point in an age restriction, do we not respect all of our forces even those currently serving, this is not a criticism just my thoughts, alan  

this is opening a can of worms , there are events in the Netherlands for all era veterans , with up till now vehicles allowed , but Market Garden is about remembering September 1944 . M201 Hotchkiss discussion is another one , but what about Phillipine bodied jeeps and chassis which are replaced ?  GMC`s with post war made Bodies from Germany … so a difficult discussion , but they want vehicles which look correct for  1944

• Like 2

I'm with Maurice on this one and please don't use this thread to start a discussion about this. 

• Like 1