Operation Market Garden 2019 - Register today!

Joris

Hey You!

Do you want to participate in the biggest World War II event in the Netherlands in 2019? Do you want to drive in two incredible convoys with up to 600 vehicles? Join us from September 14 – 22 September 2019 for Operation Market Garden 2019!

Register now and participate in the 75th anniversary of the largest combined airborne and ground forces operation of all times. In 2014 more than 500,000 people came to watch our convoys and over 20,000 people visited our basecamp in Veghel. Because of the 75th anniversary, we expect even more people in 2019!

After a fantastic start in Leopoldsburg camp (Belgium), a three-night stay is included, you will drive with us on September 14th, in convoy along Hell's Highway to Veghel, using the same roads as the liberators in 1944.

Then you can stay all week at our basecamp in Veghel, or our camp in Grave (82nd Airborne). At our two camps, there are plenty of activities, all having to do with education, veterans, living history, and re-enactment. Thousands of school children from the nearby villages will visit our camp to learn about our liberators.

In the second weekend of our event, on September 22nd, we will drive in another massive convoy to the road bridge at Nijmegen, where tens of thousands of people will be waiting to welcome us.

For only €75 per person, you can attend both convoys and spend a total of 10 nights on our basecamps. For €50 per person, you can attend in one of the convoys; the staying at our basecamps is included.

When you register you will receive the following:

·         OMG 2019 full-color magazine (limited stock)

·         Two drink vouchers per participant per convoy

·         Packed lunch during the convoys

·         OMG 2019 vehicle plate

·         OMG 2019 identification card

·         25% discount on a number of war museums (valid until May 2020)

·         Three days on the basecamp in Leopoldsburg, with a big discount on the local festivities, for the South-Route.

·         Seven days stay at the basecamp in Veghel

·         Stay at the basecamp in Grave for 82nd Airborne participants

·         The most important thing, memories that will last a lifetime.

When registering you can get your meal and breakfast vouchers for basecamp in Veghel, this ensures we will have a meal for you. You can take your kids up to age 15 (in 2019) with you almost for free; we want to involve the next generation in the commemorations.

At the Leopoldsburg or Veghel check-in desk, we will have your package ready for you on the day you arrive.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to register at the event. Only pre-registered deactivated firearms with the correct permits can be brought to our event.

What are you waiting for? Register now! 

https://www.yourticketprovider.nl/widget/?cid=569952&productid=23239#/tickets/23239

• Joris pinned and featured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Yeah unfortunately my advice with regards to the text has not always been followed and now some things can be a bit confusing.

You can still book with your vehicle, there the "don't fogret to order your free vehicle tickets" is a reminder that you select the routes you are going to drive. 

So if you drive both routes, you have to select a vehicle ticket for both routes. 

I hope this clears it up, I will talk to the organisation about this some more. 

There is one thing I don't like also.

AFTER paying you find yourself in the position you HAVE to choose basecamp now, Veghel or Grave.

And to give vehicle details

I more or less gambled on Veghel, but what if my group decides to be in Grave ? Its hard to decide 2 years in advance!

Or what if my vehicle can't make it and/or I have another one instead.

If I knew this before I would have waited before registering and paying. Now I didn't have a option but to choose because I had allready paid..

Edited by Enigma

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There is one thing I don't like also.

AFTER paying you find yourself in the position you HAVE to choose basecamp now, Veghel or Grave.

I more or less gambled on Veghel, but what if my group decides to be in Grave ? Its hard to decide 2 years in advance!

If I knew this before I would have waited before registering and paying. Now I didn't have a option but to choose because I had allready paid..

Thanks for registering mate!

I think you will find that we are flexible and understand that you cannot decide everything in advance. Things change, vehicles get sold and new ones bought and we will accommodate all these changes. 

We just need to know what the preferences are for everybody is in advance or we can't organize anything. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are not able to secure a discount on DFDS yet, but I will inquire on the status. 

There will be a secure location to park your transporter, but I do not think it will be able to follow the road run as all the streets are closed for all traffic. The transporter will be able to park near the route on multiple locations or meet up at the end of the run,

If you could tell me why you want your transporter to follow then I'm sure we will be able to work something out.  

13 hours ago, earlymb said:

Will there be an option to just participate in one or both convoys and avoid staying at the camps?

Yes to all, you can do one or both routes and you have the option to stay at the basecamp but you are not obligated to do so. 

16 hours ago, hotel magnum said:

any idea why my pictures come up every time I post something, or better still how do I delete them, I asked the mods but no reply as yet,

It was in your signature, I've removed it for you. 

9 hours ago, hotel magnum said:

thanks for that joris, we are looking for something green to bring, grand fathers Bedford was requisitioned with himself during the war, used on airfield runway construction hauling beach shingle for concrete, we will be in touch. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, would be great to see you there! 

On 3/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, Joris said:

Yes to all, you can do one or both routes and you have the option to stay at the basecamp but you are not obligated to do so. 

Thanks. What are the costs of just entering the convoys without staying or using facilities at the base camps?

On 3/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, earlymb said:

Thanks. What are the costs of just entering the convoys without staying or using facilities at the base camps?

There is a discount if you do only one of the tours but there is no discount for doing both the tours but not use the basecamp.

• 3 weeks later...

hi Joris is there a year stipulation to the age of vehicles or can it be any military vehicle, also is there a cut off date to register, I will be away from base until mid may and have not yet had definite answer from possible attendees and a vehicle we have found which would serve our needs we are unsure of a build date but is post war.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hotel magnum said:

hi Joris is there a year stipulation to the age of vehicles or can it be any military vehicle, also is there a cut off date to register, I will be away from base until mid may and have not yet had definite answer from possible attendees and a vehicle we have found which would serve our needs we are unsure of a build date but is post war.

The only vehicles allowed are World War II, though the (modified) Hotchkiss Jeeps are also welcome.

There is no cut off date yet, we have space for up to 600 vehicles and we've not yet reached that number, we're now at close to 200 vehicles.