FWD winter projects

bobs1918

The  FWD   still  not  home  as  I  await   the solid  rubber  tyres installed  on   my   rims.  .  8  months   since  the  rims  were  delivered .  There  is  only  one  company  in  the  States that   does  this  and   there  have  been   some   labor  issues  at  the  company.  I  have  been  assured  that   they  are in  the   works! For  now  I  have  taken  on   2  small  projects  to  keep  me  occupied.  Thanks  to   Tim   who  supplied   an  original  example  of  the   valve  spring   shroud I  was  able  to  have   molds  made  and   a  set   of  valve  spring   shrouds   cast.  Several  hours  of  finishing  and  they  came  out   very   well.  Now  they  will   need  to  be  final  fit  to  the engine.  Second  project  was  fabrication  of  the louvered  engine  panels  which  were  missing.  I  had  the  smaller  ones  so  the  size of  the  louver   could  be   ascertained.   Patterns  were  made  and  a  California   speed  shop    made  the  panels.  To  keep  them  rigid there is an  1/8 inch   steel   rod   which   surrounds  the  panel   and  the   lip  of  the  panel   is  folded  over  to   retain  the  rod.  Again  I  was  pretty  please  with  the result.  After   peening  the  lip  over   the  rod  I  used   an  offset   vise  grip  type  tool   for  the  final  crimp

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1763 (1).JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

Edited by bobs1918