rb44 mk1

joetow

hello all im joetow from london i have a keen intrest on the rb44 mk1  the ford a series chassis cab varient if anybody on here can point me in the right direction for help / advice / forums that would be most helpful kind regards joetow .....

1 hour ago, andym said:

I'm confused - do you really mean RB44? They're based on the Renault Dodge 50.

Andy

Reynolds Boughton were making their 4x4 truck with a Ford A-series cab up until about 1984, when Ford discontinued the A-series. It was then that Renault and RB got together, so the poster must be referring to a pre-1984 RB 4x4. I think the Army Fire Service may have had some RB fire trucks with the Ford cab, I recollect seeing one.

1 hour ago, Richard Farrant said:

Reynolds Boughton were making their 4x4 truck with a Ford A-series cab up until about 1984, when Ford discontinued the A-series. It was then that Renault and RB got together, so the poster must be referring to a pre-1984 RB 4x4. I think the Army Fire Service may have had some RB fire trucks with the Ford cab, I recollect seeing one.

Thanks Richard, I hadn't realised that.

Andy

thats awesome sen a few of these rb44 fire tenders rare as hens teeth think they had the range rover v8 fitted in them beast of a tyruck think they weigh in at around 6 ton not including the water tanks & all the kit on board aswell 

the fire engine varients had a rangerover v8 fitted same as wot was in the ldv ambos bitd ldv4000 think they was with the same 3 speed auto box they also did a 3 litre v6 essex ford engine for the utility companies ie seb etc these trucks are like rocking horse shit cant get no spares for love nor money moreso hard to find any groups or collectors that has these type anymore ...../

• 11 months later...
On 12/25/2017 at 3:59 AM, joetow said:

hello all im joetow from london i have a keen intrest on the rb44 mk1  the ford a series chassis cab varient if anybody on here can point me in the right direction for help / advice / forums that would be most helpful kind regards joetow .....

On 12/25/2017 at 6:54 PM, joetow said:

thats awesome sen a few of these rb44 fire tenders rare as hens teeth think they had the range rover v8 fitted in them beast of a tyruck think they weigh in at around 6 ton not including the water tanks & all the kit on board aswell 

They also fitted the 4236 3.8 litre Perkins Diesel in them with the 3 speed auto box. top speed 46 MPH. I had one. Had water tank in the back, fitted with a dynamic brake on the prop shaft to help. 11.00 x 16 tyres. Brakes took some bleeding, had to remove the front back plates and rotate so air flowed out. Brake master cylinder, I used a LWB land rover and made an adaptor plate as same bore and stroke. Mine was similar to the red one in photo up the page.

Edited by Peakrec
Missed photo information at the bottom of the post.

• 2 months later...

All the best with the sale, mine sold in full working order 6 years ago for £2500. You just need a buyer that wants to use it as a fire engine, rally recovery vehicle or support vehicle as not the fastest truck. But does have a presence and a good tow vehicle. All the best, Nigel.

Hi, mine was a 4236 Perkins diesel, auto box, vehicle had 33000 miles on the clock and in great condition. They are a rare truck but if yours is wanting lots of work, eg brakes, rusty cab, with welding etc, servicing, tyres. Its an expensive buy. I would think you will have a long wait at £10 thou. It also depends how quick you want the sale. I would try £6000 as a realistic figure. All the best with the RB44, Nigel.

Put more photos on stating good points and bad may help too and list what equipment it has starting with the engine, gearbox, dynamic brake on prop etc.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...