Royal Enfield ......Rare find

Ron

Hi Ron

Good to chat a few days ago, the bike looks marvellous and I’m very much looking forward to seeing it in the flesh (after the ransom has been paid😉), very pleased with the end result. Thank you.

Thank you to Rik and Jan for their help too, without their help I wouldn’t be in a position to have the bike, Jan’s research into these early Royal Enfields is a benefit for everyone.

Ron, thanks again for restoring the bike and posting the progress here for others to share.

Ben

• 4 years later...

Although it is already so long ago that this thread was created and last updated, I would like to congratulate both Ron and Ben on the completion of the bike. And, maybe I'm not alone, I was wondering what has become of the bike since? The whole process and all pictures, explaining and discussions gave me a lot of insight in how these bikes are build. Because it is a 12 (!!!!!) page topic, I even made a Word version for myself with the most important information in my eyes. So that I can use the valuable lessons in my own resto. Again, very well done and a great result. 

Cheers from Groningen.

20 hours ago, Ron said:

Hello Paul and thanks for the compliment. I heard that Ben never got round to using the bike and sold it. I've no idea where it is now?  Ron

That's a shame. But he must have had his reasons probably. It certainly looks the part, really great. It is such a joy to read the stories, see the pictures and get a glance of the skills you all have. Incredible, feel like an idiot taking on a bike because the opportunaty presented itself. But you guys are so skilled and experts in this field that my aim is to try to apply as much as I can on my bike to get you all a little proud :) :) :)  We will see how it all ends up.

20 hours ago, welbike said:

Been sold again I heard! 

Paul, did you see this thread on my ex BEF WD-C?, will try to update it a bit tomorrow.

Lex

Hi Lex, I did see the thread. Also a realy nice project and bike. Incredible how you guys managed to find these nice early ones and got them to the incredible nice states that they turned out to be. Great job.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ben.. said:

Hi. 

Ron did a fantastic job and the bike was great to ride. I’m much happier on four wheels rather than two so I decided to sell the bike. It is a very original bike and deserved to be used it will serve the new owner very well I’m sure. 

Ben

Where has it gone to, Ben ? Is it likely to be on the '1940' circuit ? The important thing is that it was saved from the fate of a French 'fairground attraction' paint job and an oil can holder on the front forks !

• Like 1